Pregnancy: Dec 2011 Babies Community
Where is your uterus?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2011.

Where is your uterus?

I have been able to feel my uterus just above my pubic bone from around 10/11 weeks, but read on the lastest 'your pregnancy week...' blurb that at 14 weeks it should be the size of a melon, now what i initially felt was more potato sized.  Found out today that my uterus is massive!!  Whilst lying flat in bed I lifted up my pelvis and there, in all it's glory, was a massive uterus sticking out where my usually flat stomach would be!  This has made me quite excited (this is my first) however it seems to be right on my belly button (fundal height I believe?), I thought it was supposed to be a few inches below (15 weeks today).  Is it because of the way I was positioned or is my information off?  Anyone else examining themselves like me?  Good luck ladies.
I do know what you're talking about! My first pregnancy I never paid any attention, but I noticed with my second. I kept thinking I was way bigger than I should be from what the texts say. However my ob never mentioned me being too big so I figured I wasn't doing it right or something. Now with my third I've been noticing the same. I'm feeling the top of my uterus way high, but given my second I figure it's just me again:) Though the other day at my rheumatologist appointment, after feeling my belly (liver, etc) she commented "I'm surprised by how much of your uterus I'm feeling for only being 14 weeks."
It's fun to see how our bodies change for these beautiful babies! How blessed we are!