Pregnancy: Dec 2012 Babies Community
2-3 weeks pregnant but not detected on vaginal ultrasound?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2012.

i went in for an ulta sound today and im only 2-3 weeks along and the doctor said that there is not fetus or sac detected no signs of etopic pregnancy is this normal not to see baby this early along or have i lost the baby?  this doctor reallyscared us and made us think that there is no other reason for not dectecting the pregnancy even though there is many cases i just read of on here?
It could be too early to detect anything, just try not to stress. Hope all goes well for you.
thanks, i did the test to check my hormon level in my blood and it was at 250 saturday and now at monday its 350 ! but the doctor wants me to go for another blood test on thursday to check the levels again but the doc was very rude and very negitive and said there was no pregnancy and no baby and no sac on ultrasound so i was very upset but now reading all the other stories 2-3 weeks is way to EARLY to see anything on u/s . so i dont know what to think she was really rude and maybe will consider going to a different doctor!
Yes...I agree. 2-3 weeks is very early.  My SIL had an u/s at 4 weeks and they couldn't see anything.  The doctor had her go in for blood work every 3 days to make sure everything was ok.  She is now 13 weeks or so and all is well.  Perhaps see if you could get a second opinion.
I would definitly find another dr abd get a second opinion
It's normally said that you won't see anything until 8 weeks. My doctor wouldn't see me before 8 weeks. I'm now almost 10 and all is well
Deff to early. I would go to a different doctor to get a second opinion.
i'm a 11 Weeks nd i was told they don't see anything or hear anything , so i want to a  new gyn nd told me i was ok ............i just how everything is ok
2-3 weeks, do you mean 4-5 weeks? At 2 weeks you are ovulating and you won't get a positive pregnancy until near 4 weeks cause the first week of pregnancy is actually starting your period so you are not actually pregnant until after 3 weeks when the baby implants... If you are 4 weeks you may see an empty gestational sac or nothing at all and at 5 weeks you may see a gestational sac and yolk sac or just a sac, its pretty early so try not to worry!
I had a scare today and went into ER I'm 515 in my hormones through my blood so about 3/4 weeks pregnant but the baby didn't show up on the US. They said its normal I'm too early but just a precaution they want me to go in two days to get my blood redrawn to make sure my levels are increasing appropriately but nothing in my tubes and my utures looks good!
i went to the er on this past sat. night where u fiund out i was pergnant. my hcg was 136 which indicated i was not that far along. on monday my hcg was 40. the doc there said i was 2 weeks and the ulrasound showed a perfectly healthy pelvic but no sign of baby or miscarriage. i only bleed for about 2 days and it was not bad.
i had a positive pregnancy test but I have been bleeding (more spotting and light). I had my last menstrual cycle on the 18th of July. I got my bloods today and my hCG level is 96. Im getting another test tomorrow. The doctor is worried that I may have miscarried. COuld this be the case. My menstrual cycle has been all over the place. I got it on the 30th of June and then the 18th of July. They think I should be 5weeks but to me that is mathematcially not possible as I definatly know the date when I could have conceived. Help im worried
Hey everybody I'm two and a half almost three weeks the doctor could not see anything yet but maybe a little fluid in a stomach I'm a lil worried for no reason I have to go back in two days for another ultrasound and to check blood levels good luck
Hi< I really need advice, I had 2 home pregnancy tests which stated that I was pregant I then had an electronic test done which showed that I was 2-3 weeks pregnant, I had cramps and went to a private hospital the doctor said without a scan just a pee test that I am indeed pregnant and that the cramps is from a bladder infection. that was Saturday evening, Monday morning I went for a sonar and the doctor first asked me if I ate something because my acid levels are high and he cannot see anything, he did a scan and a vaginal ultrasound and said that there was no baby and he is 150% sure that i had a miscarriage, but i have not bled or felt pain, is it maybe too soon to show on a sonar and he is just wrong? because Ive had 2 miscarriages before and had to go for EVAC procedures and everything to ensure the particles werent left behind, he did nothing and just said I lost the baby?
Well I have been for a scan (internal scan) I am only 2/3 weeks pregnant and they could not see anything and I am really worried I have had a miscarriage before but I have had no cramping or pains and I just want to know if I am pregnant or not ? X
I am in the same position as you ladies.  I thought I am 6 weeks and I had a smudge of blood when I wiped on Thursday.  I went to the ER and the Dr told me the same thing no sac and that I was miscarrying again.  I don't feel like I did when I miscarried.  The Dr was rude as well and very snide about the whole thing.  I was talking to my husband and we think I may only be 4 weeks if that.  Reason being we did not have sex until after a week after I started and then almost a week later because I went on a business trip.  I am not bleeding now when I wipe and no cramping.  I had not had a bowel movement for 4 days and then on Friday I drank a glass of prune juice and got up 4 times that nite.  I have no cramping and there was no blood.  So I think I will see something when I go in on the 1st.  Am I overreacting or is everything fine and I am worrying for nothing?
I am about 4 weeks and i had a u/s did todayben they couldnt see the sac so i have to go back in two weeks. I told my gyn that i have been spotting and having a lot of back pain he told me that it isnt too much he can tell me cause they cant see the sac or fetus yet... Should i get a second opinion cause im scared???
When i had my daughter i had a lil cramping and some spotting. I think all of you are going to be fine. i had a ectopic pregnancy 4 months after having my daughter and trust me if they are testing your blood a lot and doing scans do it cause i had no warning my doctor was able to save my tube but you wont be able to know if its a ectopic or not till your levels are at 2000 and they still don't see a fetus. And generally thats too late. I am about 2 weeks now and am pretty shure they won't see a sac this wednesday. you have to be patient. I'm very worried of having another EP But am Hopeful. They probably wont be able to see anything till 5 or 6 weeks. And as long as you are not bleeding a lot you should be okay i was.
you should be okay I'm about 2 or 3 weeks and go in on this wednesday to see if they see a sac in the uterus I'm pretty sure they won't. with my daughter i was 6 and a half weeks before they saw anything. Just give it some time as long as you don't feel pain on one side and they can't see the baby do they worry about EP. I hated having one but if they catch it early enough they can save the tube. But i highly doubt that your going to have that. Just wait a couple more weeks and i think you'll find a beautiful  and healthy baby. Good luck hun.
I would go to a diffrent doctor try for an obgyn. They know all about that stuff i personally would get a second opinion. I had some cramping and bleeding with my daughter and she's fine. plus they would have to do an ultrasound not to find the baby. try taking another test if it says your pregnant you probably are and just not far enough along to see anything. Good luck hun.
So I got a question I have went to the Dr and did a ultra sound and they say I'm 4 weeks five days  dose that mean I'm 2 weeks and my hgc leavel is 1500 ? Very confused !!!
Baby won't show on a vaginal sonogram til about 6wks preggy. At 2-3 wks, baby is way too small..
i just came bk from the dr and she said it was too small to see anything now but said i was about 4 weeks pregnant.what worries me is that i haven't been goin to the bathroom that muchet but there are symptoms like nausea and,vomiting and headaches. is it normal not to feel the urge to pee frequently when you are pregnant??
I have been feeling very different since right before Christmas. I had the flu for 7 days about 3 weeks ago. During that time I noticed that I was starting to get a belly. I have the gastric band and thought maybe something was going on with it. So I get an appointment and see the band doctor, he wants me to go and have an upper scope done. This means that I will be put under to have this done. I am very worried about being put under if I would be pregnant. So, I go back to my ob doctor and voice my concerns that I think I might be pregnant. He did a urine test, it was negative. Then I had a vaginal ultrasound and it shows no baby. I have done home pregnancy test and it is negative. I forgot to tell you that I have a REALLY bad UTI. I am wondering if that could affect the test results. And wondering why that vaginal ultrasound wouldn't show it if it is there. I had my IUD replaced back in Oct and there was a week in between taking the old one out and having the new one placed. I think if I am pregnant, that is when it happened. So, that would put me at about 4 months. I can lay on my back and watch something in my belly moving(as if there is a monster in there wanting to get out). With the IUD I do not have periods, so I would never know if I was missing it. Whatever it is in there likes to get up under my ribs which is very uncomfortable. It also feels like it is pushing up on my gastric band. My husband thinks I'm crazy and that there is no baby in there. He thinks that it is a problem with my band. I am starting to think I'm crazy to, just because no one believes me about the way I feel. I set up another OB appointment with a different doctor and I am hoping that I can get her to do a full tummy ultrasound. I think it was missed during the vaginal ultrasound because it is so far up. Please give your thoughts to help me better understand where to go from here. Thank You for listening!!!!!!!!
I havnt had a period in like 10-11weeks or
More and i went to my obgyn and gt a pregnancy test it was negative but they also had me on hormone pills to try to gt me to start. But nothing happened. Should i request a ultrasound and a
Blood test???
I got blood work an it showed i was preg 3 to 4 weeks my hgc wa 1622 4 days later it was 3.0000 an they still cant see my baby but i think im to early i have been so upset idk what  to do i went back today for more dont no how high they r yet an go back friday for them to try another u/s im only 20 this is my first an i no nothin about this can anyone help me
hi...do u know when will i get a positive hpt? i have pcod and i am takin metformin 1000 twice a day. was expecting periods on 23 feb and got negative hpt on 26th. did a transvaginal scan on 28th and doc says i am not pregnant. till when should i wait to get a positive hpt if i am preg?
I'm 3 weeks and I went in last Friday to see if I was even pregnant and he took a urine test which was positive And then he took an ultrasound and couldn't see anything. He said to just come in in 2 weeks and we could try it again and see if we can see it yet. He said at least 5-6 weeks until you can actually see anything.
When choosing doctors always look them up and do research. Look at reviews. That's how I found my ob/gyn and I love him. He jokes about everything in a mature way. Just makes me feel safe and comfortable. Wish you luck in everything!
Hello all so I am about four week along and Ive been bleeding and cramping for a week now. I just left the hospital where I had two pelvic exams and two ultrasounds. While there is nothing wrong with my cervix and no sign of an ectopic pregnancy, the baby did not show up on my ultrasounjds. But I am definitely pregnant and my hcg levels are high. My dr believes I will have a miscarriage but after reading this, I am hoping that it is just to early to see anything.  Does anyone believe that this could be a possibility?
I'm having the same issue no fetus no sac they scared me saying ep my levels went to 3000 to 2700 I'm going to wait it out
At ER now... Patiently waiting.... Hospital too pt on march 13 and it was negative, I took hot on 3/24 and it was slightly positive, at ER now and it shows positive . They did a u/s and didn't see anything.... I've be having abdominal cramps with no bleeding... I scared as ever because me and by husband want a baby so bad... We're waiting on blood work to come back... They think its a eptopic pg or miscarriage, but I've hadn't had any bleeding... I'm keeping faith and claiming I'm just early pregnant...
Well the results of my hog level was 339.. I was told to comeback in three days to see which way my levels were going up or down..
Well ,I waited three days and went back my hog level went from 339-1500. Did a vaginal ultrasound.. The Doc seen a sac but nothing was in it... So ectopic pregnancy was ruled out... I was told to come back in one more week and something should be seen in the sac... My pain has gone away after taken maalox... I'm still claiming early pregnant,will keep you updated the next time I should be telling you all a due date!!!! KEEPING FAITH!!!
I went to the dr today and they did a urine test..it was negitive at first but the longer it sat their it became a faint positive.. so they did a blood test my HCGs are 33.. they had me do a sonogram and you couldnt see anything not even a sac..my dr wants me to go in again wedensday and see if my HCGs go up..i never really had a regular period ..after my second baby i got the depo then recentley got off because we wanted another baby ..is my HCG level of 33 a sign of a positive pregnancy?
I just came from the doctor today...i found out i'm about 3 weeks along and all they could see on the US was what lookes like a hollow whole...lol i have to go back in three weeks to check for viablility and to give a due date. not stressing I was just surprise to be this early.
The same here, I did a urine test on 9/30/2013 and it was mostly negative. Next day I did another test with FMU and saw a extremely faint line... That Wednesday went to the ob and did another test which was less faint than the first one... they did my blood work and everything.. Yesterday on 10/04/2013 started spotting a lil bit and passed one clot. after that the little spotting stopped.. I went to the ob today and they did an ultrasound and didn't see anything... I am pretty sure I ovulated like a week ate this time and that maes me be like 3 1/2 to 4 weeks pregnant... the nurse drawn my blood and have to go again on Monday... maybe baby is too small or maybe a miscarriage....
Just reading through this while I was looking through google. I am an ultrasound tech. Sometimes, you cannot see a baby OR a sac until you are 5-7 weeks pregnant!! And at the least, your blood HCG levels have to be around 1200 to see with a transvaginal ultrasound. Just wanted to tell you ladies, hopefully to eliminate some freaking out here :)
I thought I was at about 5 weeks when we had our first ob appt last Wednesday, he couldn't find anything on the ultrasound, so he ordered blood work for me yesterday and a sonogram. The doc at the sonogram told me that we were having a miscarriage...we broke down immediately, and then my doc asked us to come in. He said that it is possible we are earlier than we thought and we're now awaiting my blood tests...I have had no bleeding or cramping...sore breasts and exhaustion and nausea I have had. I had a little brown discharge over the weekend, but was told by the on call doc that was normal as well as my own. I don't know what to think...but the clock is ticking and I'm not sure if I'm nervous or scared to answer the phone when it rings...
Ive been told im about four weeks pregnant n 3 days ago I got my period had an enternal ultrasound they couldnt see nothing besides fluid in my uterus does this mean ive had a misscarriage or would It be to early to see anythingnon an ultrasound
Am three weeks late I took a home pregnancy test it says negative when is the best time to take a test
Hi all scared mother here i found out on dec 19th that i was pregnant. long story short on the 16th of dec. istarted spotting and thought it was my period but it got no heavier like normal so thats y i took the test but ive been bleeding ever since, and now its clots and heavy bleeding like my period i have beeen back and forth for blood work and ultrasounds and they dont see anything but my hgc levels are still going up im not having severe pains just mild discomfort in my lower abdomen . i just want to know if any body else been through this its really freaking me out...
Question for you :) My daughter was on the pill and for 3 months didn't have a period then took the sugar pills so she would have one. Her first period was in November and then again the first day of her period was Dec 17th. She has taken 2-3 home tests and they were positive..she started spotting a few days ago and only when she urinates which the blood was brown. Then today she bled heavier almost like a normal period. We went to the OB dr today and she did a cervical check and said the cervix shows no signs of dilation and is completely closed. They did an internal vaginal ultrasound and saw no sac or egg. Is it possible she is to early to show and has NO Cramping or Pain at all. Was thinking maybe she didn't ovulate within the 14 day window maybe just outside of it being that she chose not to have periods for months and then decided to in November.
I JUST went through the exact same thing!!! Just found out yesterday that everything is perfectly fine! I had to do a few blood tests as well to check the levels and a sonogram and ultrasound! The doctor gave me a real good scare as well!!! She had told me it was either to early or the baby is OUTSIDE of the uterus and would not survive!!! THANKFULLY my baby is just to early!! I am about 3ish 4 weeks. So it is perfectly normal to not be able to see anything just yet!!
I went to the doctor going through the same thing I was spotting a lil doc claim she don't c the baby I know I'm about  3 was pregnant this is crazy she say I'm pregnant but she ran test to c get back results Thursday I pray I didn't loose my baby I found ur story similar to mine thnx
Hello i have a question please no judgement i was with my boyfriend that i am with now and i am about 14 weeks 5 days..when i had found out i was pregnant it was jan 30 i was 6 weeks 1 day now im lost when i had split with the boyfriend i am with now i was haveing intercourse most december except newyears because we were seperated i broke up with him and i had bumped into my ex and well u know it was the first of january now im scared because im back with my boyfreind from december and he thinks is his which i really hope so please if any suggestion if i was 6 weeks on the 30th of january 2014..i just want to make sure its my boyfriends not my ex just from newyears it was just that one time can u please let me know