Pregnancy: Dec 2012 Babies Community
one kidney developed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2012.

one kidney developed

I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy girl last may. This January I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and expecting a boy December 10. Ive been spotting for the past 2 months and even went to the er for it bur they cant find anything wrong, which is a relief but why am i bleeding? The doctors found that my son had only developed one kidney and said besides that everything is normal and the baby is healthy. I feel him moving all the time I'm just nervous about what to expect. How will raising a child with one kidney differ from raising a normal, healthy child?
Don't worry, I think you should care for the baby the same way as a normal kid, so that way  your child will grow healthy and happy.
I don't think it'll differ at all.  Check with your doc just in case the diet may differ for a bit but other than that, I think you're good to go.  Congrats!