Pregnancy: Dec 2012 Babies Community
vent and question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2012.

vent and question

Okay so yesterday I received a message on fb from some person that I didn't even know. She is a friend of one of my friends though. She tells me that my boyfriend (babies father) is going to be requesting a court ordered dna test of our child because he heard from my exhusband that I had slept with some guy in texas while I was there for my uncles funeral back in mid feb. For one I have been nothing but faithful to this man for 6yrs now have two beautiful daughters and getting ready to have his son. The reason my exhusband is trying to say this is because I refuse to let him take our daughter and move to texas.. he only has visits since I am the soul person that takes care of her. Huge no no on his part... he should be smart enough to know u don't **** the momma off if u want to be able to spend time with the daughter that he has failed to help take care of and is over $900 behind in child support by trying to start drama and telling lies about. Plus my due date is Dec. 18th... if this baby was some mystery guys from texas wouldn't I have had this baby by now... my two daughters from the boyfriend was the same day nov. 5th three years apart and my concieve (conceive) date was around val. Day so I'm pretty sure I would have had my son by now if I got pregnant by some guy in texas in feb. People really need to do the math before trying to start crap and having me prove them wrong and go off. Okay that was my vent.

My question for u ladies is... like I said I'm due dec. 18th I had a ob appt yesterday and my ob did a membrane sweep and since about 4:30 this morning I have been loosing this slimmy old blood looking stuff and have been having really bad lower back pain and cramping. The sweep hurt like hell.. I was dialated to 3cm and fully effaced last week. Does the membrane sweep work on me going into labor and what is this nasty slim stuff.. I never lost anything like this or even had a membrane sweep with my past pregnancies so it is all new to me. I called this morning and my ob wants me to come in today at 2:30. Why does he want me to do that? $hould I be worried?
The nasty slime stuff is your mucous plug and bloody show. If you are having bad lower back pain and cramping and have not had a issue with it before you could be in labor. Also dr may just want to check you since you were 3 cm dialated and doing membrane sweep is suppose to help you go into labor. Not always but he probably did it so that way he didn't have to use pitocin. Have you ever been induced? My dr didn't even suggest membrane sweep which i'm going to ask her to do on Monday. Otherwise I will be induced on thursday morning which i'd rather go natural but my due date is dec. 26th and i don't want to be in the hospital at xmas. I've had 2 inductions and 1 all natural came on it's own birth. My 1st  I was in labor for a total of 31 hours but I was stuck at 3 cm so when they finally induced me at 11am and my son was born at 1:28 pm. I wish they would have done it sooner. My second was all natural 4 hours 9 minutes from beginning to end. The third was induced and took 7 hours to get her to come out. I only had epi with 3rd one and was trying to avoid doing epi this time but inducing with pitocin makes the contractions a lot harder and close together. Not to mention they won't let you walk around as you are confined to a bed until the baby comes. Good luck hope you are in labor and Congrats on your new baby boy! Sorry to hear about all the drama surrounding it though. I'm sure everything will work out. Take care!