Pregnancy: Dec 2013 Babies Community
announce now or later?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2013.

announce now or later?

My sister-in-law just had a miscarriage... three days before I found out I was pregnant. Hubby and I want to tell our families now, but don't want to be disrespectful to her during her time of grief. How long should we wait before making our announcement?
I say just tell it to her personally first in possibly the best & less exciting way that you can possibly do so before you decide to tell it to your whole entire family,just so that she doesn't have to end up hearing about it repeatedly over and over again for the first time throughout everyone in your family.
I think you should wait.
I would also counsel waiting.  You are going to have many months to make your exciting announcement and her heart is freshly broken.
I know it's super exciting! But I think you should wait until your almost 3months? Give her time to heal and you all time to think of how to tell your family? :)
I would wait. I went and told the whole world I was pregnant and then ended up having a miscarriage a month later. There was nothing worse (other than the miscarriage its self) then having to tell everyone I lost the baby and have it brought up all the time because everyone knew....then the occasional "hows the pregnancy coming along?" From someone who hadent heard I lost the baby. This is going to be a very rough time for ur sister in law....and it would make her hurt more to hear ur pregnant as shes lost hers. Even if she says shes ok and happy for u. I had 3 pregnant friends when I lost mine and I envied them so much for months....it hurt me see them with busting bellies. Plus u dont want to have to go through what I did because I jumped the gun on spreading the good news. But congrats! And I pray that u wont have to go through a miscarriage. God bless....ps just wait till u get three months in...that would be good timing for u and her!
I would wait also, I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks this past august and a month later found out my friend and sister were pregnant. My sister was 12 wks and my friend just 4 wks.. it was extremely hard to hear about both and although I was happy for them both it was not easy for me, I know your excited now but please coincident waiting till your 12 weeks, we are finally pregnant again  after 6 months of trying and as excited as we are we are waiting this time to tell anyone
Wait! I told everyone I was pregnant the first time and miscarried at 9 weeks. It was horrible and I wished I hadn't of told anybody because people, surprisingly can be the biggest jerks when you need nothing but the opposite! And I waited until I was about 14 weeks to tell ANYBODY this time, except of course my fiance. You never know what could happen. And it really is quite hard to hear someone else is pregnant when you have just lost your baby. Believe me, I know.
I would wait for def as she needs to to grieve. Xx