Pregnancy: Dec 2013 Babies Community
fever, chills, and fatigue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2013.

fever, chills, and fatigue

Hi, I'm 7 weeks pregnant with a first baby and I have a fever. My whole body is aching and I have the chills. When I walk I am so weak that I don't have strength to be up for long without feeling I am about to pass out. I have my first doctor appointment this Thursday 9th. I can't eat anything,  since everything is making me nauseous, and usually when I have a fever I dont eat good.  But not once have I threw up so far. Can someone please help me and tell me if a fever is dangerous during first trimester?  I'm not taking any medicine until I see my doctor and talk to her.
How high is the fever?

Its 99.5
I would not worry about harm to the baby from the fever, then.

A fever is simply the body's way to cook out a bad bacteria or virus that you have picked up.  Enduring it might be a bit unpleasant, but it has that useful purpose.

Don't worry about harm to the baby unless it hits 103 or 104, then you might take something, and if you do decide to take something call the doctor first to be sure it is OK to take during pregnancy.