Gender testing
So I've done the baking soda test twice and according to the results I'm having a boy! The Chinese calendar corresponds to that too. I know they're both just silly myths buts it's fun to do! I've just booked my gender scan for later in the month, would love to be having a boy! Interesting to see if they were right too! What would everybody else like? And does anyone have any experience with gender testing, did it turn out to be right or wrong? Thanks ☺
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
9442948 tn?1406820051
How far along are you? At 13 weeks you can do the harmony blood test to determine gender at your drs office :) although wives tales to tell gender are fun!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I did the baking soda and it said boy and i did the blood test monday for the gender
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
When I did the test it came back with boy and it was confirmed with a 16 week scan yesterday ☺ was yours right?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
I dont kno i should find out tues so r u havin a boy
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yeah, second baby and it's a boy. My first is a girl and she's 3
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Gave it a try- no fizz at all so looks like it will be a girl. Ultrasound is Wednesday so we'll see!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
IT'S A GIRL!!!
Comment
Cancel
Ahhhhhh congrats! First baby?
Comment
Cancel
Yes, first one!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I did the baking soda test twice.  Different results each time.  Baking soda reacts with the acidity in your urine, not hormones.  It is in no way accurate and should not be treated as anything more than a fun thing to do.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
As the OP said, that's what we're doing it for - FUN!!!
Comment
Cancel
There are people taking it seriously.  Maybe not on this particular thread, but elsewhere.  I'd hate to see someone get excited about a certain gender because of one of these 'tests, then get crushed when it's the opposite.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Pregnancy: Dec 2017 Babies Community Resources