Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
Baby hates being put down

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

Baby hates being put down

Up until about 1 week ago, Michaela was fine when I put her in her cot with toys.  Now this week if we put her down she screams like a stuck piglet.  Pick her up, she's happy. Put her down and again she screams blue murder.

Well, we're trying to stick it out.  I put her down, after checking all is well and then try to ignore her screaming, intermittently offering her toys etc. to help her distract herself.  I've asked my nanny to do the same.

My angel seems to have us worked out!  But me and her nanny have many things to do and can't be holding her all the time.

Anyone else going through this?  
yes lilly has done this from the day she was born i love my daughter but i sometimes need space, she wont go to anyone but me not even the farther! i cant offer advice as i need help with this to but now you know your not alone!
Mikayla can be the same way at times, but I think that she doesn't like sitting or laying down - she wants to stand all the time (which is what I do with her half the time I am holding her).  So we have this Baby Einstein Jumper that we put her in.  She could stay in there for 30-40 minutes at a time (which gives me time to clean her bottles, rest, etc.).  The seat turns, it is bouncie, adjustable heights and has different colorful toys all around it.  Maybe invest in one of those, it  might help.  If we put Mikayla in her bouncie seat (that she can lounge in), she wants to sit up, but she can only sit up on her own for like a minutes and then topples over.  
I commented about this in angelbabies post but we went through a similar thing. Caiden (like Mikayla) loves to be standing. Whenever I am holding him, he just wants to stand or be walked around the house. It's exhausting! But he's so happy doing it. He is good NOW playing in his walker, exersaucer or swing...but up until about a week or so ago he didn't last long at all!
He wanted to be held all day long. And with my husband working FT...and my son being a fourth of my weight it was getting tough holding him all the time. So little by little hubby & I would put him down with toys or in one of his walkers...and if he fussed we would sit there and play with him, entertain him etc. We dont let him cry..but fussing for a few minutes is fine, we just dont allow him to get to a full on cry. But just by entertaining him..slowly we were able to walk away and do our own thing. Now we can put him down in anything and get stuff done and he is fine. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't entertain himself for hours..but for 30-45 minutes at a pop which is great.

So I would suggest when you put her down, play with her for a few minutes each day. Even if its like a couple minutes a day. Get her used to not being held again. Once a toy captures her attention she'll most likely get involved. Than little by little hopefully you'll be able to not hold her as much and get some stuff done or rest! It's tough, but it worked for us!

Good Luck!