Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
Bottles???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

Bottles???

What kind of bottles are you girls using??? Just curious..I did a lot of research before investing in bottles. I ended up chosing Avent bottles because I heard great things about them! They are expensive too... a couple weeks ago I bought 2 and it was 18.99.
Anyways....they give me such issues.....they leak all the time..you have to have them together exactly perfect with no drops of water on them from being washed.....and I always get formula everywhere because when I go to shake the bottle to mix the formula it goes everywhere!!

Anyways, I just purchased Playtex Ventaire bottles today and have not opened them yet. Is anyone using them?? I want to know prior to using them if they suck just as bad as the others.
Sarah likes the Avent but they pi** me off to no end!
i have been  using the Avent bottles and  only run into the leaking problem  every once and  while. I started out using the playtex drop in  bottles but Mckenna  had issues with  latching on to them.  i know the Avent are   expensive but are they  working  for her other  wise?   i have six of the avent  bottles and i  just  keep  washing them daily . I used the  ventaire ones with my oldest  and i though they  were ok   i had my best luck  with the playtex drop in  ones  the are  alitte bite  cheaper than the Avent even  though u have to buy the liners (  i  bought the  store  brand liners to  go in them )
I'm using easy flow glass bottles and pigeon bottles (some glass, and some plastic reusable and meant for freezing breastmilk).  

Changed all my teats to the small slow flow pigeon ones.  If she gets the milk too fast she gets really frustrated when I put her back on my breast..  as it is we have 'arguments' in the evening when she just cries and cries and refuses to take my breast (and I refuse to give her the bottle).  

Last night I ended up expressing breast milk into a cup and gave her the milk in a cup rather than give in and give her the bottle. Finally she calmed down being fed this way and the I bathed her and we went to bed and finally she would take my breast again.

Not nearly as nice feeding her out of a cup as a bottle but I am having trouble with her refusing my breast now, so we must persevere (it's not convenient for me to be bottle feeding her all the time)....
i use the platex ventaire and love them.  you just have to make sure you have the bottom twisted on.  only once did one leak on me and it was my fault but they are great.  i throw them right in the dishwasher too and they with stand that.

i would recommend them to anyone.  my friend used them and told me about them cause she loved them and i think they are great and pretty reasonable priced.
iv got tommy tippy anti colic ones there ment to be shaped like a breast! we use them at the daycare i work at and there fab! but lilly is breastfeed and i dont pump so iv never used them yet! they cost a alot for a bottle but there worth every penny! avent bottles are rubbish, iv never used the platex ones though x
I am using the Playtex dropins and have from the time we brought Kinlee home. We all so have the soothie ones but those are big and she has a hard time drinking out of those. Takes her too long to drink and she will give up. But on the playtex ones we use the clear nipple. It is harder than brown colored one.
I did decide to use the playtex ventaire....and found that they are actually cheaper at TARGET versus walmart...which I find never happens...weird....she seems to do okay with htem and so far I have not had any leaking problems!!
lance- i have been using them since we brought jaedyn home and like i said only 1 leaking issue and that was my own fault.  i love them and they are affordable.  i am actually going out and buying more because i dont have many big ones
i love the playtex vent aire.. i use the breast top ones and she just relaxes very nicely when she eats. its so cute
I have used avent for years. My 11 yr old son used them when they first came out as well as my 10 yr old daughter. I had issues with leaking once or twice but that was it. Once you figure them out they don't leak. My babies have never had colic or gas. I bought them again for supplimenting my breastfeeding when needed... I love them and prefer them...
I am using the medela bottles that came with my pump, as well as the playtex drop ins. I love both, and have had no problems at all. With the playtex ones I use the clear nipples instead of the brown ones (the brown ones are NASTY, I smelled them and tasted them, and they smell just like rubber bands. EWW) and I use the slow flow nipples as well. I love the playtex systems...like leighanne said, they are affordable, dishwasher safe, and never leak!
I have only been using the playtex ventaire ones for a couple of days and I love them. When I had bought them..they came with the fast flow nipples onthem..and I hadnt realized..until I went to feed sarah and it was going all over the place..so I had to go and buy the slow flow ones! I have had no problems so far and love them!
lance- oh no i did the same thing with jaedyn and then i realized it said fast on the side of the nipple so i went out and bought tons of slow ones and more fast ones for when the time comes.  i am glad thay are working for you:)
We tried every bottle under the sun! Caiden had such bad gas problems we thought it was due to the air that was getting into the bottles. We used the Avent..and like you they leaked all over the place...then we used the drop-ins and he was getting way too much air from them...than switched to the Playtex...they seemed to work the best but he was still so gasy and we figured he was still getting tons of air. Finally we bit the dust and splurged and bought the Dr. Brown bottles...supposed to be the best for gasy and colic babies. Caidens been using them for 3 weeks now and their perfect! He gets no air, they never leak and he has been such a happier baby!
They are mad expensive and a ***** to clean, but its totally worth it!
gina i hear you.  my little cousin used them and all those freaking parts to the dr. browns are nuts.  the little plastic circle things that go towards the top are so hard to clean.  but if they help then you do what you got to do.  i just did not use them because i hated putting them together when i baby sat her and i had her all the time