Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
February Updates

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

February Updates

Hi Everyone.  All of our babies are 1 this month.  

How are they all going?

Michaela turned 1 on 24th january.  We had two parties for  her: 1 with my friends in Hong Kong and 1 with my friends in Manila.  She enjoyed both parties and was the star.  She is very sociable and interacts easily with adults and children.

I don't know her weight at the momeent and haven't weighed her for a while.  But she is shooting up fast.  She is tall and slim.

She started walking by herself at 1 year and 1 week of age.  She is very quick and quite a few times I've had to jump up and sprint to where she's getting into something.

She doesn't say many words yet, but babbles a lot.  She loves the telephone and we laugh ourselves silly when she pretends to talk on the phone (it doesn't make sense, but she has whole long conversations complete with intonation).  In Cantonese "Wei" is hello when talking on the phone.  So she holds the phonee saying Way Way before she starts 'talking'!...  She says Mamma.  And Ah (for Aunty - her nanny), and Bo (for Peabo the dog) and Ya (for Aunty Celia - our other helper).  If we ask her to identify people she does.  Like where is Mummy (she points to me), where is Lola (she points to grandma, etc).  She sings along with any music and her xylaphone and piano are her favorite toys.

A little sad that she's growing so fast, but also so much fun watching her grow.

She hates hates to go to bed.  She would play all night and sleep all day, if I let her. And she's like the energiser bunny.  She just goes and goes and goes.  At night I often have to physically restrain her and encourage her to drink (breastfeeding) to get her to calm down enough to finally sleep.

Looking forward to h earing all your updates.
Mikayla was a year on 2/10.  We had her birthday party on 2/6, she got lots a clothes which she needs (she has plenty of toys, many of which she doesn't play with because she would prefer a shoe box!).  Right now she is standing up on her own and walking around furniture.  She hasn't tried to take any steps on her own but I'm sure she will soon and when she is ready.  I'm just happy she is easily standind up and walking around.  She says "mama", "papa" (we call dad, Papi, so that's her trying to say that), "baba" for her bottle.  She also repeats "thank you" and "uh-oh".  She is averaging 1 long nap each day or 2 short naps.  We just started giving her whole milk, 3oz the past few days.  She is taking it well but we need to warm it for like 10 seconds.  I know she will do well with it but don't want to constipate her.  Mikayla eats pretty much whatever we put in front of her, enjoying all different kinds of fruits and veggies.  Mikayla will "tickle" us and can show us where our nose and eyes are.  She can play peek a boo, wave goodbye and hi, and blows and gives kisses.  When she wants more food she yells and when she is done, she shakes her head "no" (which she also does when she doesn't want to give a kiss or do something).  She is just becoming such an outgoing, fiest little girl - I can't believe how big she is getting!  The other day she just started having conversations with everyone that even looked at her, when we were grocery shopping!  

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their time with their "little" ones!