Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
Logan Patricks Birth Story.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

Logan Patricks Birth Story.

So on Wednesday afternoon i went to my doctors appt. I was told i was 4cm dilated and that my iduction date would be on the 18th. My midwife stripped my membranes and wished me luck.

So around 5pm contractions began and started coming 5-7 minutes apart. I called my on-call doctor and was told to come into L&D. I get to L&D they hook me up to a monitor for like an hour. Then they had me walk around. At the end she checked my cervix and found no change. I was sent home and told that things could progress in hours or days. So then i was on my way home around 10pm. I get home around 10:30ish after getting a snack with DH on the way home. We decide to lay in bed and eat our snacks. AS i am laying there i feel this "pop" low in my belly i go to stand up and realize my water had broken so we call the doctor again and we are off to L&D again. (Sidebar the hospital is like 30min from my apartment) So the whole way to L&D i am getting contractions like every 3-4 min. I get into l&D and get hooked up. In the process of climbing into the bed while having a contraction i hit my foot and break my little toe (only me lol). ONce hooked up the contractions are 2-3 min apart. I decide i am getting the epidural. At this point its midnight i am 5cm dilated and now the epidural is on the way.

At 1am i get my epidural and the pain is much much less. I rest and work through the milder pain. I then get checked at about 4am and learn i am fully dilated and ready to go and they wanted me to start pushing around 4:30am. I start pushing i push for a little over an hour and then he was here.

Logan Patrick Sacco was born at 5:42am weighing in at 7lbs 13oz. He was 21 inches long with a 13 inch head. He is perfect.

We are now home and settling in. We are so in love with our little man
YAY for BABIES!! :)  

Congrats Sweetie!!   Wishing you a speedy recovery!!  
Congratulations!!!
congrats
congratulations