Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
OB appt. & some much needed info

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

OB appt. & some much needed info

I had my OB appt this morning. I was excited to see that I have lost five pounds as I was gaining like crazy for awhile although I must admit it is tough to be pregnant during two of the most fattening holidays of the year and I won't even speak of halloween candy temptation. Anyways he said that I am to keep taking the medicine until 37 weeks, my preterm labor swab predicition is good for two weeks (one more to go) so we won't be having christmas day babies anyways. The overall goal is to make it past 34 weeks and we have done everything we can for "just in case". He also said that because twin A is breech (butt first) the likelyhood that I will get into a good labor pattern on my own is slim although he said statistically I will delivery early. If twin A stays were he is and I don't go into labor he will plan a c-section between weeks 38 & 39. If twin A moves and for some reason I don't go into labor on my own then we will discuss induction around that time instead. For now I am just supposed to take it easy and enjoy christmas. It is great to be home with hubby even though the house is a disaster =-). I am starting to get some mucousy discharge which the nurse said will happen as well as probably lose my plug at some point and to not worry. The boys heartbeats are strong and everything else is good. Ultrasound on tuesday to see just how big they are now!!

Wonderful!  You and the boys are doing just how you should!  Great it looks like they are going to go to term or close to it.  Good work!

Sally
great news... keep us posted!! The meds are kind of working for me too but with the contractions still coming I have weekly appts to check everything. They r still doing 2 week u/s to measure the cervix to see if the contractions are doing anything. I can't dilate, but the cervix can still shorten... I'm off the meds in 3 weeks when i hit 36 weeks... Then the stitch comes out and they think he will come out too!!
I just want to enjoy Christmas and New Years and he can come anytime after that!!