Strong Pressure
Im 37 weeks plus and was wondering what might this be that I am feeling. First of all I was told by my doctor that I could have my little girl anytime. Tnite I was out with my husband playing with our dogs and came back in and walked around the house and started to feel some to alot of pressure in my pelvic and my area. And so I sat down and got up to get the phone and still felt that same pressure. I have been feeling it off and on all day. But I was told by my doctor on thursday that she was still floating. And that I was 2cm. But didnt say how effaced I was but last sunday I went to the L&D floor of the hospital and was admited but was told that I wasnt far along enough. They had the wrong records. So the stopped them. They told me that I was 75% effaced. But I was wondering about the pressure because it is like I can hardly walk. Does anyone have any advice on what this might be??
Yep, your baby has probably dropped! My little boy dropped at 36 weeks and ever since then I have been feeling such an enormous amount of pressure..almost like a bowling ball is sitting on my vagina! It feels so heavy and sometimes hurts to walk and stand up. Its the weight of their head and really their entire body is putting pressure on your pelvis as they get ready to enter the birth canal. So I'm pretty sure thats what you're feeling. I'm 39 weeks today and I still feel the pressure all the time but its not as painful...I think because he's been down there for so long that my pelvis is used to it..but I remember at first it was tough!
Hang in there!
Thanks for the advice. That is what my mom said that is probably starting to enter the birth canal. I can even feel in my butt bone. And again thanks for the advice.
yup the baby dropped thats why ..mine dropped at 34 weeks and am 37 and 3 days now...trust me it's the weirdest feeling ever .sometimes i cant walk because it causes soooo much pressure and pain in my bladder ..it's probably very good news for you since you were already dilated and the baby dropping + the pressure is probably going to help you more...good luck ;)
Thanks for the advice.