Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
What is this??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

What is this??

My daughter is 7 weeks today. I got the mirena birth control. And when I went to my doctor for my last check-up 2 weeks ago. He asked me if I had started my period yet I told him no. And he told me that when he put in the mirena that I started. But I have never had any signs of it. I have had brown spotting and slimy red blood too. But neither one of them last long like a few hours max.Me and my hubsand have had sex and sometimes after it like the next day I will have the brown spotting and slimy red blood. But it is never enough to use anything. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what this might be??
Are you breastfeeding?  If not, period could come anytime soon.

But at 7 weeks you could still be getting the post delivery bleeding with activities that cause contraction of the uterus.

COuld still be effects of pregnancy hormones taking a while to settle down.  
No i am not breastfeeding. She got put on soy formula before she came home. I just figured that it was true when my doctor told me that I had started it. But before I was giving the ok to have sex with my husband. We were already messing around. We were having unprotected sex (pull out method). That was before I had mirena put in.
I got the Mirena as well just over a week now.  

I'm breastfeeding as well.  I didn't have my period or any intention of getting it.  But once I got the Mirena, I bled VERY heavy the first day, the next day was light and the third day was spotting.  I went three days without anything, so DH and I had sex.  Probably wasn't a good idea because I haven't stopped bleeding and EVERYDAY it's getting heavier and heavier.  It's going on 6 days of either heavy bleeding or spotting.

I too had the slimmy red blood (didn't know what it was) and the brownish color...I think the slimmy stuff is the "mucus plug" that the Mirena makes to keep out sperm.  But why I'm STILL bleeding, not sure.  

I have no other side effects, just the cramping and bleeding and not sure to call it a period or not.  But I've been using the MC tracker on here just so I know how much I'm bleeding.   Probably have triplets with the next pregnancy.  LOL