Pregnancy: Feb 2009 Babies Community
vaccinations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2009.

vaccinations

ladies,
this is a can of worms.  What are your feelings about vaccinations?

I am trying to find good informations.  The fors and againsts are all so vehement it's hard to know what the middle line is.

Baby is 2/3 though her heb b shots, but now doc is asking me to do the 5 in 1. Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tetanus, Pertuitus (I think)...... need to research some more....  I believe that good nutrition/ hygiene is far more important than the vaccines and am worried about hte autism / immune system disfunction links. My sister's son is autistic.  Our family's kids all have major allergy issues....

They were asking me to do the TB one, but it only protects against extra pulmonary TB which is rare anyway....  and TB is an opportunistic disease generally...

Maybe I can delay until before she's ready to go to kindy (I think in Japan they delay vaccinations til then).... she's low risk here at home now and not going out AND she's completely breastfed which provides protection.... and I'm concerned that the risks of vaccines are high in an immature immune system.

Any good links to more balanced info?
well here in the states  my other two  children are fully vaccinated  and  i  did them when the  doctor had them  set up for  starting at brith( hep b shot) and going until  they end.   I dont  see how waiting a little while would be  bad but i think doing them at sometime is  better than not doing them at all  in my opnion.  

BTW  the fifth one in pertussiss ( whooping  cough) as far as allergy issues  i would research that  further (  my family  has weird allergies  too and many of them )   I dont know much about the vaccine /autism issue) i know people who didnt have their  kids vaccinated and there kids are  autistic. so  that is something that is at  a great debate though
I say  do  what u feel is  rigth for ur child that is what i  do .  Well good luck  finding out more info. hope u an  baby are  doing well
You have a valid concern.  I think I would weight the odds of your daughter becoming very sick with these diseases or go on the fact that these vaccines have been around since I was born and I lived to tell about it.

I know that you are afraid of the allergies and autism in your family, but as a mother myself, I don't think this was caused by vaccines that could save your child's life.

I think you are right to hold off and do some more research, until you are more comfortable making that decision for Michaela.

Heather