Can a mucus plug grow back?
I aprox. 5 weeks lmp, yesterday my doctor thinks that I have lost my mucus plug, no red blood, just that gross snotty yellow/white long mucus with brown in it.  I have had cramping for a few weeks now, but I guess they are normal ( I have not been pregnant in 7 years, so its all kinda new in some ways for me).  My question is, can it grow back, or will I miscarry?  Im just confused.  I have called my dr, and they may have me come in for an ultrasound.  I would just like to have an idea of what may transpire, and prepare myself for whatever is going on.  Thank you all in advance
When I lost my mucus plug with my son there was GOBS and GOBS of mucus that came out... I mean a lot - it was kind of gross how much came out.  I still didn't have my son for several days after all this mucus came out. I was about 37 weeks when I lost my plug. I can't say what will happen if you lost your plug at this point -I can't imagine it's really even had an opportunity to form...  I have some discharge that is mucusy - but the amount compared to what it was with my son is not even comparable... Good luck.
I have never heard of someone losing their plug so early?? I have no advice but just to wish you all the luck in the world. Being you are so early, they may not be able to see anything on an u/s yet either. I just went in Tues and there was nothing to be seen.
I may be further along.....I was on the pill, so Im not exactly sure when I actually got pregnant.........My lmp was May 20, but was extremely irregular.  Light for 2 days, no period for 2 days, spotted for a day, then it was gone.  So, I'm not exactly sure how far along.  I do know that on June 17, my hCG was 1,666.  But that really still does not tell anything either. All I can do is wait.
YES!! the  mucus plug CAN grow back... I couldnt find any information on this for early pg... but there is lots of info (if you google it) on mucus plugs shedding and growing back in late pg... hang in there hunny!! Try not to stress too much (I know its easier said than done) stressing will only make things harder on you. It sounds like you have good HCG levels! If your really worried maybe talk to your doc about continuing testing your levels to make sure they are still rising as they should... that always gave me some extra reassurance. (((hugs)))
If it makes you feel any better I had SEVERE bleeding at 11 weeks with my son (who is 18 months old now) and he is perfectly fine... so hopefully the mucus wasnt a big thing... maybe just some heavy discharge?? Our bodies do strange things when they are preparing to carry a baby for 9 months!!