Pregnancy: Feb 2011 Babies Community
Anyone dealing with major while prego!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2011.

Anyone dealing with major while prego!?

31 weeks today. had a ob appt today and everything is awsome so far! but my anxiety is getting worse!! i know some symptoms might be normal.. tingling on all random spots of my body and twitching also plus a rapid heart rate. these symptoms have been here everyday for 2 weeks! i saw my ob, and my neuro about it, all of wich are pointing these symptoms to anxiety/panic/stress disorder. anyone relate??
I also have a problem with rapid heart rate and am out of breath about 90% of the time. Even when i'm only sitting down! They say that the further along you get the more the baby pushes up on your lungs which causes the increased heart rate/out of breath. So it sounds like it will only get worse for us. Hang in there!!
Like lil lady said it is growing baby to blame. But also the hormones at the end of pregnancy can increase anxiety especially if you are already prone to anxiety or depression. All these uncomfortable feelings also can bring on stress and anxiety. It's not truly an anxiety disorder but hormone and circumstance induced anxiety. The best thing you can do for anxiety is to:
Participate in a hobby you enjoy and is pregnancy safe
Get a good nights rest I know it's hard with that big basketball belly BUT getting at least seven to eight hours of sleep can reduce stress and anxiety symptoms bc we are better able to cope, lack of sleep causes anxiety and lack of sleep is correlated with preterm labor.
Stretch and get moving. The hormones produced from working out actually decrease anxiety and stress.
Write in a journal or diary
Talk to a friend or loved one who is a good listener
Take a warm bath
Read a book
Focus on slow deep breathing
You can try prenatal yoga too as long as ur OB is ok with you doing it

Can you tell I am getting a PhD in Clinical Psych?

Also you can talk to your dr about using vitamin B6 and B12 as it helps with stress and anxiety and is safe in pregnancy.