Pregnancy: Feb 2011 Babies Community
Shopping Addiction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2011.

Shopping Addiction

Oh my gosh... I'm barely pushing 5 months and already I have developed a shopping addiction for baby stuff. It's insane. I hate to even ask if anyone else is shopping for the baby. I'm afraid I'm the only one who is going a little crazy.  And what's worse is my husband doesn't say anything. In fact, he's on board, too. HA!  It's way too early to be this obsessed with little stuff, isn't it?!?
I have the same problem lol... My addiction pretty much started when I found out I was preg lol.... I have bought a ridiculous amount of baby clothes, little lamb baby swing, ocean wonders portable swing, ocean wonders highchair and jumparoo, precious planet bouncy vibrating chair... But I think I might get a different one.... Crib, change table, wipe warmer, ocean wonders bath tub, hooded towels, bassinet, diaper organizer, ridiculos among of blankets....britax cowmooflauge stroller and infant car seat, bottles, sterelizer, I have bought a box of diapers and formula every month since I found out I was preg....crib blanket set.... This is my third baby and I have had this addiction every single time lol ..... I pretty much have to buy something at least everyother day.... But I'm running out of stuff to get.... I still need moniters, more crib sheets....breast pump..... So believe me your not alone... I really think most woman are the same cause it's part of nesting....
I saw the cowmooflauge this weekend. Cute! We don't know sex so we're going neutral but I did pick my bedding out this weekend and cannot wait for it to be made. Still looking at furniture and have my registry just about completed but I've been buying books and toys and lots of little stuff. Holding off on the other stuff as I know we'll receive most of that as gifts, but I want to buy it all now. I want my room ready TODAY.
You're so funny.  We have only bought one onesie in honor of baby's first trip Labor Day weekend.  Haven't even fully decided on baby room theme, or been shopping for a crib or anything.  I just really hate any kind of shopping so I guess I'm procrastinating.  I can even walk right by the baby sections at stores, and baby/kid stores themselves without being slightly tempted.  I think we'll start to get on it next month.
Wow that's crazy.... I think I would honestly get major anxiety if I couldn't buy baby stuff a couple days a week lol but I like shopping so it's in my blood lol....
Here is a tip.  I did this when I was pregnant last time (14 months old boy now) but when I saw great deals on sale...up to age FIVE...I bought it.  Now I have the BEST wardrobe for him and it was all on sale from Childrens Place, Gymboree, OshKosh...and it was all such a good deal I didn't feel guilty at all to shop my little heart out.

Just remember...it's not like the clothes are going to go to waste.  Have FUN!!
I have yet to buy anything baby and will not be bringing any baby stuff into our home until the birth because of our religion (Jewish). I've been so freakin busy I wouldn't have had time to baby shop if I wanted to lol. But my parents entire dining room is getting stacked up with baby stuff they are going CRAZY with the baby stuff LOL. Though my sister is going to be an aunt for the first time (she's also baby shopping addict) and this will be the first Grandbaby so everyone is going baby crazy LOL
i havent done any shopping yet only because i have so much stuff already from my boys that i didnt want to add to the stuff. there are some new things i need to get like stoller and carseat but we have decided to wait til after christmas to really buy anything for the baby since we dont have a lot of room.
lol @majikat!! WOW!!  i have only gotten one pj that says mommy loves me and thats about it.. have gotten a couple of things given to me but havent really started to get anything else since we dont know the sex yet!! but starting next week its going to be baby shopping gallore for me!! :D
I guess im right up there with the shopping addicts. We have already bought the crib, changing table, bedding, clothes, swing, bouncer, bottles, bibs, ect. I have really bad anxiety so if I waited until the last minute I would freak out. Plus, im not sure if I will be feeling up to walking around the mall in my last trimester so I figure to get this stuff out of the way now. I am having a baby shower in November and am really hoping to get everything else there. But that doesnt stop me from still looking online for cute baby stuff and sales.