Pregnancy: Feb 2011 Babies Community
anyone had any bleeding lately or is it just me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2011.

so im curious as to why i i woke up with blood in my undies last night..doc said not to worry and said im not dilated at all, which coulda been a cause. but she said intercourse could cause this too. ive never bled from intercourse during this whole pregnancy, weird it started now. she we did an u/s to be sure everything was ok. and it was. just so scary to see blood down there. makes me scared to have sex again, i feel like it cant be good if its bleeding from it. agh.. she didnt say i couldnt do it..i spose i should ask her if i can or not..
Hmmmm I haven't bled with any of my pregnancies. Have you thought about getting a second opinion.  I remember when I was 5 months pregnant and my midwife couldn't find my son's heartbeat.  She gave me an ultrasound to do asap.  I went home and my sil forced me to get a second opinion.  I went to the emergency room and they couldn't find it either.  The next morning I went for an ultrasound and he was there perfect.  I guess all I am saying is if you are not comfortable with your doctors reasoning go and get a second opinion to ease your mind.
I also have not experienced any bleeding with my pregnancy but have heard of woman spotting after intercourse. It could be something harmless like that or could also be bleeding from your placenta. I would call and get a second opinion because it is better to be safe than sorry. There is another woman on here who had some bleeding and her doctor took it very seriously and had her admitted into the hospital and she is now on bed rest. So I would make sure that all is well before you have intercourse again. Keep us updated.
I agree with Lil lady
i have had some spotting on and off the past couple of weeks with this pregnany and never had it with any of my other ones except when i went into preterm labor.. the baby looks good and is moving around so my doctor is just keeping an eye on me. he said it could be a couple of things recently having intercourse can irratate the cervix if they go to deep or straining from bowel movement. buit i agree with rccresswell if you are concerned get a second opinion
i had intercourse the night it started and a yeast infection..sorry tmi i know. but its still bleeding very very lightly today..im waiting for the doc to call me back..she hasnt yet and its been about 3 hours.

they checked on the ultrasound on my placenta so be sure it wasnt detaching and they said id be having pretty bad pains if that was happening, which im not.

i spose its probably ok. blood is just a scary thing. and im scared to ever have sex again. i think im giong to put myself on bedrest type behavior to be sure that nothing else bad happens. thats what my instinct is telling me.
Hi there,
I have had lots of bleeding this pregnancy and YES, it is terrifying!!! I have a SCH which is a hemorrhage due to a placental tear.  This has had me on bedrest (partial, full and hospital) since 15wks so I totally understand the fear of seeing blood down there.
How far along are you?  How much blood was it?
If there is no gushing or serious blood loss it is probably due to sensitive cervix and intercourse.  This is quite common but still should be checked out.
If there was more blood and it is bright red then I'd go into the ER.  They will check you out completely and make sure that it isn't preterm labour or placental abruption.  WIth my placental tear, I didn't feel anything and I just woke up soaked in blood so the pain thing isn't necessarily true.
Good luck and keep us posted.
I say always go with your instinct :)
GBen- i am 32 weeks today and it was just very light red/pinkish spotting a small amount, but then today i woke up and it was still spotting a tiny bit. I saw 3 pin head dots of bright red and teh doc said that unless im having contractions with it or it gets heavier then she thinks im ok because my u/s looked good and normal.

ive never had any bleeding with intercourse throughout this whole pregnancy, maybe its just because of the infection and sex at the same time...? and i still worry about the placental tear thing just because ive never had bleeding before..but i guess i have to trust me doc. i have an anxiety issue anyway and worry so much lol. as of now. this is day 3 early am, and i havent seen any blood since yesterday around early afternoon. i hope it stays that way.
I have a friend that started to bleed after intercourse in the last couple months.  Baby was born at 37 weeks and healthy.  I know I wouldn't have sex again but I am paranoid too :)  Best of luck!!
It sounds like it is from intercourse.  At this stage in pregnancy the cervix is preparing itself and there is tons of blood in that area and any increased activity down there (sex and internal exams) can/will cause some light spotting.  Try not to worry too much.  If the doctors think all is ok, they're probably right.  But...if it increases and you haven't had sex in a few days then I'd go back to get checked.  
It sounds to me like everything is ok.  With the placental tear, there is a ton of blood.  I'm glad to hear the bleeding is subsiding.
GBen- thanks for your input, good to talk to ppl who know a lot about what  im wondering about :)
No bleeding but baby literally is now kicking my stomach like my actual stomach and it makes me gag and need to hurl. I am laying here in the bathroom. My hubby had to take me home from a birthday party bc I was about to add some "decoration" to the event in the form of puke :(. The end of pregnancy is rough!!  Hang in there we will somehow survive
oh how uncomfortable! i had the flu and she was on my stomach all night, at least it felt like it. those babies are growing so big they're running out of room! I hope baby decides to move for you!
Thank you!!  I'm so sorry you had the flu while pregnant that must have been awful!!!