Pregnancy: Feb 2011 Babies Community
totally off topic...wwud??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2011.

totally off topic...wwud??

Long story short...my good friends daughter had a baby at 16.  She quit school and is living off "the system" so to speak.  She has no plans for the future no job etc.  My friend was the "friend" mom so I kinda feel she enabled the situation.  Fast forward a bit, girl was on no birth control so guess what pregnant again with a mixed race baby this time.(again I don't have issue with that at all just the fact she's doing nothing for herself)  anyway baby daddy has no job either.  I am giving her the basic things to start her off with new baby since she has nothing.  My dilemma is I have a very expensive cosleeper, pack and play, swing etc.  I offered to sell it to her for a very low price but neither has money or jobs so my idea was to let her boyfriend do some work around my property to earn the stuff.(removing tree limbs helping cut trees etc)  do you think that's a good idea?  I feel like an enabler if I just hand it over.  I've been raised u work for everything etc.  Do I sound bad for that idea? I was hoping to instill a lesson in there....wwud?????
Why would you sound bad for expecting people to earn something valuable??? People should ALWAYS work for things versus taking freebies. If these kids truly have no money and truly have no way to find a job, then I think it is FANTASTIC that you are willing to let them work instead of pay. Very generous of you.
o i have given my stuff away to less fortunate people before and never got it back... honestly dont do it... whenever i tried to be helpful to others i felt totally unappreciated!!!
I think that is a wonderful idea!