mucus & choking :(
my baby girl is almost 10 weeks now and in the last 24 hrs she's had some severe choking due to very thick mucus in her throat... ive been sucking it out, we just got a humidifier, and ive been in the bathroom running hot water to try and help... she seems content... but she does have a lot of excess mucus in her throat but no fever... im just wondering what might be causing this... is it possible that powder formula will? or is it a cold or something? ... i called her doc this morning and they said its normal this time of year, but as a new time mom - it scares me... what would help and whats causing it?
Hi, my baby boy is 6 weeks and has been congested since birth. If your daughter is feeding as normal then I wouldn't worry too much, im bottle feeding too but I doubt formula would cause that. Id say it is probably down to the weather being so changeable at the moment, hopefully once the better weather is here for a while it will help her. I'm a mum of 4 and have pretty much seen it all now. As I said before as long as she is feeding as normal then try not to worry too much...think we feel sorry for them as babies because they can't blow their nose like we can or cough it up the same.
My girl has been nasaly since birth too. For a few days she was mucusy and choking on it but i think she has a little cold. My doctor just keeps saying she must have narrow nasal passages but shes 3 months now and its gotten a lot better.