Beyond irritated!!! Long vent
Well I had my 38 week appointment today and I've been seeming the high risk doctors for about 2 months mind you I never see the same doctor ever. Well Saturday night I started having really bad contractions and they progressed and got worse Sunday so my mom made me go to urgent care to get checked well before I even was hooked up to the minister the nurse seen I was having a contraction and waited to it will pass well once she got me hooked up my contractions where close for like 2 hours they checked me said I was about 4cm dilated and 80% effaced so since the contractions weren't making me progress they have me a ambien and sentence home which usually will knock me out well my contractions where so bad I was up the whole night and I've been fighting them off ever since we'll last night was hell I couldn't sleep at all cause I hurt so bad to where i was just crying well I fell asleep for like a hour woke up took the bf to work and came home and tried to rest before my appointment and started puking cause I was hurting so bad well I went to the doctor and wait almost a hour and half for the doctor to come see me and mind you the first thing they try and do is change my mind about getting the tubel . Well she finally checked me and said I was a 3 and 70% thinned I just broke down and started crying one she's not very nice or considerate my mom had to ask how that is when I was told something different by to different people Sunday and she went to show my mom well this is how I check them and this is a 2 to me and this is a 3 she said everyone measure you different and it can't be that accurate I was just like wow then informed me that I've gained 10 pounds since Sunday so I showed here how very swollen I am like really bad and she said its probably just a lot of water weight but watch what your eating which I do . Then talked about inducing me in a week or so then decited to change it and said ill induce you on the 6th which is my due date I haven't had a ultrasound since 32 weeks I have no clue how much he's weighting at nothing I'm in so much pain it's unreal I just don't know what to do. And on top of it I asked if she could give me something else to sleep and she did so I took it to get filled and they said 2 hours so I said ok well I called them almost 3 hours later and said oh we have to wait and talk to the doctor to see why there giving it to you I couldn't help but cry I'm so tired and nothing helps .... Sorry long vent
Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through so much. I couldn't imagine not being listened to or having a compassionate doctor. I would be just as angry and upset as you are. Is it possible to go to labor and delivery at the hospital and tell them that you think you're in labor and see if they can give you an ultrasound or verify how much you have dialated? Since I am a ftm, I have no idea what to tell you and I'm sorry for that. I hope and pray that your baby be born healthy without any complications. Good luck
No I was having really bad contractions Sunday they where close together and they sent me home I always manage to get the same urgent care doctor that I just want to bust in the mouth cause you can tell she doesn't care
Is there anyway to complain and/or request a different doctor or go to a different hospital?
Can you change hospitals and doctors? Just turn up at a different hospital and tell them that you don't feel safe returning to Your normal hospital. Might help x good luck stay strong
No when I went to the hospital by my house the nurse jumped my case cause that's not the hospital I'm delivering at and that they had to request my paper work wasn't very nice