Pregnancy: Feb 2013 Babies Community
Really Upset!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2013.

Really Upset!!!

So i just told my parents i was expecting and i didnt get a good reaction i was a nursery nurse last year but after i miscarried i left work cos it was too hard been round kids its hit me.real bad well anyway now im startin up my own buisness neway my dad has gone mad sayin that im jus guna be a bum for rest of my life cos i cant start a buisness now! i saod i can it will jus take longer n also he doesnt like my ex cos my mc he cudnt handle it n left me alone i kno im daft for goin bak there but i did i just cant stop cryin :'(
That's horrible. But remember they will warm up. They still love u and maybe need some time to get used to the idea. I have two children but because I'm with someone new who I've been with for 7 months I know my parents won't be happy, but at the end of the day it's my life my child and they will have to just get used to it.
So ive just been to see him again as he lives next door n hes still goin on at me he says the mc was life givin me another chance but now ive messed that up he said the mc was best thing that ever happened to me wether i see it or not n i hope u right n he comes round i am the youngest of 3 girls sp i dno if thats why im gettin so much grief
Well im only a trenager but my ex's parents were saying the same thing to his older sister. But honey it is ur baby. Dont stress just enjoy these nine months :) things will get better even if he still remains sour through the whole pregnancy. In my opinion it is impossible to be mad while looking at a newborn face :) just take a deep breath. When im stressed i listen to sounds of nature. Although i fall asleep i wake stress free and energized :)
I've only been with my partner 7 months too, after a 4 year relationship that ended badly..
Im 22 and my dad wanted and expected me to get an abortion due to uni commitments etc, but I told him I wasn't going to and now he is slowly warming up to the fact that he will be a grandfather in 7 months.
He even recommended seeing a dentist the other day and said "if you're keeping bub, you'd want to get regular teeth checkups" - him saying this made me realise he is slowly accepting it, especially since he used the word "bub" which I believe to be an affectionate term! lol.
Now I've gotta tell my Nan, which I am not looking forward to.. any suggestions on how to tell her? She's very old fashioned..
I told my parents,  they already knew but I told them anyway. Well they weren't impressed. I have a heap of cousins who are expecting their first and of course I get pushed to the back cause this is my third. Anyway so now they know I now have to tell my grandmother and I so don't want to. She's also old fashioned and when I told her I was with my now bf her words were " don't you go falling pregnant like a tramp" well looks like I'm a tramp lol.
I have to go to my cousins baby shower in September and I'll have a bump then so I won't say anything so I'm not accused of stealing any limelight.
When I told my nan about my first she was upset but eventually came around. Tell her your intentions that you'll be a good mum and maybe she will understand ... Gl xx
Listen, this is my second baby. My daughters father is not in her life and i've since moved on my daughter is now 4 will be 5 December 21 2012. So my new boyfriend and I have been together for two years. He knocked me up May 20th. My mom recently found and and went ape **** basically and called me a low life. So don't feel bad..that's just how parents are. Yes it hurts but as long as you are happy with your decision thats all that matters. My mother acted the same way with my first one and that's her bundle of joy now, even though she begged me for an abortion!!! Parents will come around girl, they always do. I've been there. Now, since my mother is living with me she's playing that silent treatment game...oh my blood pressure. You are blessed girl!!!!