Anyone use a fetal Doppler at home & have problem finding HB?
Hi ladies. About 2 weeks ago I was at my doctors appointment where my midwife used a Doppler to hear my baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks 1 day. She picked it up no problem. Heartbeat was loud, clear and fast. I purchased the Sonoline B pocket Fetal Doppler. I can't find the heartbeat. I'm kind of frustrated but I read the directions and also watched videos of other women using the Doppler to see if there was a mistake of me using it incorrectly. I found what they so call the artery sounds. I'm assuming that's our arteries. Any other women have a heard time finding it? I am now 11 weeks 6 days today. I have an ultrasound this Wednesday where I will be 12 weeks 2 days. I'm not worried but frustrated I can't find it. Any advice??
Where I live midwife will not use doppler till week 20! I am surprised she did it that early. The reason they don't do it here is that sometimes it is hard to find baby's heartbeat and they don't want to upset you if they can't find it.  What does it say on your doppler?  When to start using it?
I am only getting noises of the artery or placenta. I aware I thought I picked it but very faint. Some say if the baby's back is turned you can't hear it.
I think I heard that too... even on the later date if baby back to back it is hard to pick up.
Yes and I think that's what is happening. I aware I picked it up but was very faint and I believe it was because baby's back was to my front... I have an ultrasound on Wednesday 08/06 so we will see. I have to admite I am a bit nervous.
I found it finally 182 bpm... Very hard to find... Baby must be moving a lot because I lost it several times.
Great news :) glad you found it.
I guess it's true u just need to have a little patience. I totally recommend this... Totally puts your mind at ease... I bought it off amazon $59.99 it's called "Sonoline B Pocket Fetal Doppler." With my 2 miscarriages last year at 7 weeks it helps me know that baby is doing fine. :-)
I just got mine , and I can't find the heartbeat , how long did it take u to find it ? I'm getting frustrated :(
Just be patient.  I watched a couple of YouTube videos. It helped me know how to use it and where to start looking. My baby sits off to the right and is a wiggle worm. If you move the probe slow, hold it on an angle and move it in circles without sliding it you will be amazed how quick sounds come and go. My advice is be patient and watch some YouTube videos it definitely helped me. Good luck and keep me posted. :-)
I have a dopplar and i found the heart beat because i knew where the baby was at because i had just had an appt before that and knew my little one was hiding by my left hip near my arteries. When i did it again the baby had started moving away from my hip and back to the center of my pelvic like its supposed to. Try not to worry and you can always ask your Dr to show you how to use it at home. There are a lot of noises we hear in our abdomen and can be hard to find the heart beat.