Pregnancy: Feb 2015 Babies Community
Expectations at first ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2015.

Expectations at first ultrasound

Hey ladies, its one day before i see a midwife for 12 wk scan and im feeling a bit anxious. I know i should be positive but after going on google, ive read horror stories of people who went for the scan and only saw an empty sac. That mustve been so devastating. Ive been feeling pregnant most of the 12 wks with no severe symptoms and just wondering if these symptoms can be falsified by an empty sac scan? I dont know what to think at the moment. I was excited but now im not sure if there is even a baby inside *sniff due to hormones and a bit of self-pity*
My first scan was at 8 weeks, heard the heartbeat and saw the tiny dot lol. I go in Wednesday for my second scan and I'm nervous too. I haven't been having symptoms other than bein tired and nausous then I don't eat. Hoping for positive results for you! :) ftm here
I know how you feel :( with my last pregnancy I couldn't get on the bed... I was soooo scared I started to cry and shake :( but did it in the end and all was good :) good luck. Enjoy your first meeting with your baby :) let us know how you get on please.
Hey ... how was your first ultra sound???????
Hi ladies, after a sleepless night and weird feeling this morning, i knew something wasnt right. After going thru the process of answering 100 questions and receiving a free baby starter pack, the scan revealed that our baby hasnt made it. There is no heartbeat and it only made it to 9 wks 5 days. Im in shock, hubby was able to ask all the questions. Up to now i still cant believe it. Feels like im carrying death around with me. Have any of you a experienced a miscarriage before?
Weve decided to give it another week to see if nature will run its course before looking at options of inducing it. I could sense that the fluid i was experiencing didnt feel right but saw that more cm is normal, even midwife said it today so this no heartbeat thing caught me by total surprise. Wish i was more prepared but when youre expecting, you always tend to hope baby makes it and not about how to remove the 'foreign body'. We have accepted that death is part of life and as long as theres a chance, we will try again.
I am so sorry for your loss :( reading your post brought lots of bad memories for me... I had 3 miscarriages and one of them was just like yours :( I went for a scan at 12 weeks and there was no heartbeat. .. baby was about 9 weeks :( it is absolutely heartbreaking... I couldn't wait for the nature and had a d&c the next day... you can never recover from it and can't replace one baby with another but it does get easier with time.
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I am feeling really sad to hear about your loss..... I have lost a baby in march 2014 as it was ectopic.... but don't you worry. God is gr8.... I conceived again so don't u loose hope... evry1 on this board shall remember u and your baby in prayers.
Thank you for your consoling words and hope for the future. Ive gone thru feeling shock, grief and currently not believing the result (as in what if i am only 9wks5 and not 12wks as they claim i should be) It happened so fast, like there was no other way. I still look and feel pregnant but the uncomfortabilty is gone (nausea,lack of appetite). They just dont prepare you enough. Im waiting it out for a week but they seem to want me to do a procedure. What is best? How would i know? They want me to make such a decision. What if i decide to have nothing done? Is there a risk?
I think sooner or later you will miscarry naturally,  so you should do whatever feels right for you.
I am so sorry. I am honestly tearing up right now I feel so horrible for you. I also have the same fears. Had a scan at 8 weeks then the next day due to bleeding which has stopped but I am 12 weeks on Tuesday. I see my doctor on Saturday so hopefully we can reassure me somehow. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your head up.
Thanks ladies, this has been quite a journey. I started to miscarry naturally on Friday evening. I stayed awake til 3am monitoring the bleeding and slept til 6am when the bleeding resumed and decided to go to a&e here in france (we came here to celebrate our scan which was a disaster and my bday on the 7th) and managed to get helped. I was induced and soon felt all the pain i imagine mums feel at labour. Hubby was very supportive and dont think i wouldve coped otherwise.
I slept a bit and by 16:30 i was examined and given all clear and we went back to hotel. Now its just recovering. Thanks for all the support February mums, i wish you all the best and will check the forum throughout the next 6 months to see how you all get on.
I'm so sorry. When I read this my heart dropped. I can totally relate to your situation as this happened to me last year around this time and also one in April of last year. The last one I had one ultrasound baby was fine... Heartbeat was 132bpm. At my 12 week ultrasound no heartbeat and just an empty sac. My body didn't detect that as I carried for 5 weeks before I knew. I scheduled a D&C. We did genetic testing and baby had 2 sperms. Very rare... But it happened. After several months of doing my chromosomes and seeing a new OB as my D&C went wrong and wa a having problems getting pregnant again. I was given to go after January this year... From August - January... In January I was given to go ahead to try again... After using OPKs and body bask temping I got pregnant in May. Don't give it as much as it hurts, it takes time to grieve and comprehend what has happened. Never give up... You will be blessed you just have to think positive and believe its possible. Will be praying for you my dear! Xoxo