birth story for ftm
I was due Feb 28th with my little girl. Saw the date & come go. I had an induction date of March 4th scheduled & my Dr was having me come in at 10pm the night before to get things started. After registering & then going up to labor & delivery the nurses were being weird & talking of sending me home due to them being so busy. The tech had me go ahead & pee in the cup & put my gown on. I peed in the cup, stood up to change & felt a gush. I yelled for the tech & said "I'm not sure but I think my water just broke". She did the swab & it was positive. A nurse came in to do a swab & it was negative. She checked me & my water gushed. Needless to say they didn't send me home.
I got my epidural at 4:30am & started pushing around 11am, fully dilated. 2 hours later, she wasn't crowning. Dr came in said he'd let me push another hr (I was determined not to have a c section). After that hr was up & she still hasn't crowned he said we had 2 options. We could try the vacuum 3 times to help get her out & if it didn't work have an emergency c section or just do a c section. We chose c section as it was the safer option with fewer risk for both of us.
At 1:34pm my baby girl arrived! Weighing in at 9.2 lbs & 22 in long with a head full of brown hair! The Dr said her being so big is why I couldn't deliver naturally because my canal was too small. But she's here & is totally worth it!!
Awhh congratulations and great job! Whew! That sounds like little one had you working hard!
I am a ftm and had to have a c section as well. Baby girl was 9.7 pounds lol!