Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
Feeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

Feeding

Have you decided whether you're going to bottle feed or breast feed?  I breast fed at first with my daughter 5 years ago but I don't know for sure what I am going to do this time.  Anyone else undecided or have any "for" or "against" for either method?  
I am definitely with breastfeeding, this is so good for the baby's health, so I am going with breastfeeding.
Surely bfeeding. I might supplement with formula if I cannot produce enuf for the twins... but its bfeeding for me for sure
I am definitly for breastfeeding, I just hope I can do it... I used to have my nipples pierced and hope everything still works right.
I am planning on breastfeeding. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself as many woman have many problems w/ bf'ing. I am hoping to, but if not, I will bottle feed. I am trying to have an open mind about it! =)
Im the same thought as Laura; I defin want to try it and give it my best effort.  

Lilpixie:  I thought I read somewhere were piercings were shown not to affect b'feeding. Im sure things will work out just right!

Here's a book that was recommended to me on b'feeding but I have yet to read it:

"The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers : The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solution Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America"
by Jack Newman. MD and Teresa Pitman

There are reviews on this book on Amazon.com.  

,
Im really hoping to breastfeed.  I will be pumping so that I can go back to work, but I am hoping that I produce enough and all goes well so that Corinne can exclusivly have breastmilk....
Breastfeeding definitely. If I have trouble, that's what breastpumps are for. I hear so many good things about breastfeeding that I think I would almost feel guilty giving her formula.
I breastfed with my first and also plan to this time. Right now I am planning on taking off from mid-December through March 1st and then returning to work. So, my last purchase is going to be a breast pump so that I can continue to breastfeed even if it is served in a bottle by day and ala carte at night. :)
I want to breastfeed. I know it may sound silly, but I am excited about doing it because I know it's so much healthier for the baby and cheaper. Cheaper is a great incentive in my book,lol. The only thing that I am thinking about is if I want to express my milk because I do not think that I will feel comfortable breastfeeding in public, but I will definitely stay home for awhile so he can get used to the breast.