Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
Hormones... Need I say more

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

Hormones... Need I say more

Hormones play havoc on our bodies right now. If it isn't nausea and/or vomiting, it is drag butt tired, funky smells, mood swings and/or other womanly issues. I was having some cramping in the last week and of course though it may be a UTI. Went peed in a cup, seems to be the docs favorite thing. I wonder what they do with all that pee. Anyway, came back negative. Told the nurse that most of the time, cramping is a first sign that I am getting a yeast infection. Did she listen to me, no... But I took what she said to heart. It's probably just your body adjusting to being pregnant. Go home lay down and take it easy. That was friday before last. Well by Thursday last week still cramping pretty bad and then the other symptoms started itchy, colored discharge, etc (Sorry TMI). I, of course, am allergic to most creams so I call the doctors office (my regular practitioner who has known me since I was 16, since my OB didn't listen to me I knew he would besides he did deliver my first baby so he knows the OB part of it even if it has been nine years) and they have to see me or I could come into the walk-in. Which prompts the question, who is manning the walk-in. I went to school with one of the doctors and as much as I like her, I don't feel comfortable with someone I know so well staring at my nether regions. My luck again, she's the on call doc. Had to wait until this morning for my appointment. Sure enough, yeast infection, but I have let it go so long, a little over a week, that it has turned into a bad one. Doc gave me some prescription cream, which I can use and am not allergic to, and 7 diflucan pills. I take one today and use the cream, then wait 7 days. If I'm still having problems then take another pill and keep the others for when I need them. So, now I have all these preggo symptoms and womanly problems. This just stinks. On the plus side, at least the cramping is the infection and not the baby trying to m/c. Of course the hardest part, here I am cramping bad enough that I was taking a few tylenol to help ease the pain and all they want to do is send me home to lay down and rest. Rest sounds good, don't get me wrong, but treat the patient first and then send them home. Ugh. Sorry had to vent. I am just annoyed and miserable at the moment.
I  know how ir-responsible these Drs can be sometimes... they need a lesson on humanity. With their jobs they see all this so much that sometimes they just take things for granted!! I agree.. they should treat their patients and then send them to home.. and thats what they are paid for too...
I pray u feel better... take care sweety!
So sorry about infection.  That sounds really unpleasant.  I hope your ob listens to you next time.  
I feel so much better after just one day of the treatment. The cramping is about normal and tolerable and I actually feel better, not as run down. Sometimes I wonder if doctors just see too many patients that it is so hard to tell the ones that need help from the ones who don't. That is why it is so important to choose a doctor and stick with them.