Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
Hurricane Gustav

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

Hurricane Gustav

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that my family and I are OK. We live in Louisiana north of New Orleans. We are still without power as of today. Have not been back to work yet, they are still without power there. I am staying with my parents because they have a generator so it could be much worse. All that matters is that we are all safe and had no damage to any of our homes. Hope to be back at work soon to talk to you ladies.
God Bless :)
My goodness, I didn't realize that you were so close to all of that!  I am so glad to hear that you are okay. I can't imagine going through a hurricane, it must be terrifying at times. Is your home okay, besides being without power?  Im glad that you are all okay!!
This is assuring that u r with ur parents now. I was in texas when hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit and I know the pain of evacuating the home. I hope and pray that things get back to normal soon for u. So glad u r doing okie and are safe and sound. Please keep us posted with ur updates as and when u get a chance.

Hugs ur way!!
Thank goodness!  We are going through Tropical Storm Hanna right now.  I live on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach.  It has been raining hard and very gusty.  We are on the east side of the eye and getting more of the wind than the rain.  It should pass us within the next 2 hours.  It is certainly not as bad as what you went through.  Our power has only flickered 2 times today.  
I worry about the people in the path of Ike now.  
Glad you are OK>
Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone. I am finally back at work this week (9/15/18-Monday). We have full power back at work finally and we got power back at our home late on the 7th. All is well with my family and no damage other than a few shingle off of our roof. Thank you all for the extra prayers! :)

Emily

4Angie-how did you make out with Hanna??????