I have a cold !!!!!!!
I am currently 21 weeks pregnant, and i have a cold that I have had for about a month, I have been taking vitamin c drops but nothing is happening, and some old ladies I know said that this could cause my cervix to open, and thus cause a miscarriage because of the coughing.
I want to know is this true???????
just to give you a general idea, I have a runny nose, bad cough, but not a dry one, I have no fever, no sor throat and nothing else. what should I do?????????????
the pharmacist told me to take reactine extra strength, but I am too scared to, so I am just taking the vitamin c drops.
My docs office gave me a list of over the counter meds that are safe to take for common problems in preg.  For colds it says you can take : Sudafed, Actifed, Tylenol Cold, Benadryl Allegry Cold, Sudafed PE.  Under coughs it says it safe to take Robitussin DM, Robitussin CF and cough drops.  Does your office have a ob nurse you can call and ask?  Thats usualy what I do if im unsure about otc meds and problems between visits.
oh yeah... hope you feel better : )
my ob's office only opens mondays and fridays, and if I call those days and ask a question they say that the doctor is busy, she cant take phone calls or answer questions, and if I try to ask them they say that they arent allowed to answer my questions, that is what i hate about my doctor, she is never there when I need her, every time I have a question they tell me to ask her that question on my next apointment.
I wanted to change this doctor but every one told me to wait and to give her a nother chance, and now i am 5 months pregnant and I cant change her any more.
Talk to your ob about taking some meds!  Having an untrated cold is not good for your baby.  My ob suggested tylenol cold medicine.