Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
Maternity Bra Size

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

Maternity Bra Size

Hi Guys,
My boobs have not changed in the slightest, and I don't think they will until my milk comes in at the birth. So my questions is what size maternity bra should I buy? I am going to need to take one to hospital with me, I want to buy one now. So what do I do?? Do I just estimate?
Can you go and get fitted?  I did that, just to see where I was. The bra shop recommended a cup size up for me, so that I had some room.

Since I am going to try breastfeeding, I got a breastfeeding bra.  Now, I just got one at the bra shop and found more on line, since the shop was a bit pricey.  But, it was well worth it, for me, to have someone fit me in the right bra.  

Sorry, first time mom, too, so I don't have too much advice on this subject for you.

I am in the same boat. My size went from a 32C to a 36C. But my cup size really didn't change any. My mom got me these nursing bras that you wear at night, kinda like sports bras for nursing. They are very comfortable and were about 15 bucks at a store called Motherhood. You can at least buy 2 or so of these and wait to buy more regular ones later.
Good Luck! :)

Here is the link:

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?product_Id=75401567&website_id=1
I found this on line at http://www.herroom.com/lingerie-faq,924,30.html

"Try to wait until about the 8th month to buy a nursing bra. Then, buy one cup size larger than your measurement at 8 months. In general, this is how much a woman's breasts will increase once milk comes in after the birth."
I just bought ones that were strechy from target cuz u have to have room not only 4 the boobs but the breast pads for leakage too and the night sleep bras are a must unless u want to leak all over the place some of than lanolin stuff is good too and a breast pump.  This is my second..save ur receipts
In the US you stay at the hospital only for 2 nights and your milk is unlikely to come in that soon.  I am in the same boat as you, my bbs did not grow any.  I may just wait for my milk to come although everyone says that one cup up is a good estimate of where things will be moving.  
Thanks for that everyone! I am going to check out what is available, and maybe get some stretchy ones without underwire to start with. I will get one to start with then go shopping after I know for sure.
I love the Medela and Target brand leisure/ sleep breastfeeding bras.  They are super confy and still supportive without underwire or padding!!  I did have to go up a size in the past month...they run in s, m, l, xl, xxl....
Great idea, I think I will have to stop in at target at some point.....possibly in the christmas sales. That's what I am after! Thanks
My advice, now based on first hand experience, is to just buy a sleep bra that will stretch a lot, or cami's with built in bras- they also stretch.  My breasts have gotten so large with my milk that buying a bra ahead of time would have been a complete waste.  Plus, they are so sore that it feels better to put them into something soft and stretchy, rather than a tighter and form fitting bra.....
This is really an interesting and knowledgeable!

Jenifer
Nursing sports bras