Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
My L&D Update

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

My L&D Update

I went into L&D for contractions that were about 3min apart. I had dilated from a 2 to a 4...but I was still 50% effaced and baby was still sitting high. They had me walk for a little and then in 2hrs checked me again and I showed no change except that the contraction were getting much more intense that I had to breathe through some of them.

With all this going on, they still wanted to send me home. The told me I wasn't in labor and b/c I wasn't in labor they werent going to give me the IV medicine I would need for the Group B Strep. So instead they gave me tylenol with codene (sp?) and ambien to help sleep through the contractions last night. Now today if I'm still uncomfortable to come back and check for any change.

The minute I got there they were complaining about the number of babies they had/have been delievering and the impression they gave me was..."Here take this medication and go home b/c we can't handle another baby tonight." I was/am really upset.

I'm just going to wait until the contractions become so unbearable I can't really walk and HOPE that it isn't too late to get to the hospital by then seeing as this is my 3rd child.
This must be so frustrating!  I hope you deliver your boy soon.
Yuck!  How disapointing and as helen said, frustrating!  I, too, hope you deliver your baby soon!
I really could punch some of those doctors and nurses!!  I was just there Friday at (34w4d preggo) and they sent me home STILL CONTRACTING every 2-3 minutes!  My cervix changed to 1cm and told me to return if I started bleeding or my water breaks...AI'm just now 35 weeks today!  WTF??  I've been contracting since Friday every 10-12 minutes, but nothing really stronger since Friday.

I wish you the best and hope you have your baby soon!!  
wow hun thats terrible it ridiculous if thats truly the reasoning for sending u home but it does certainly sound like u need to b there..i hope all turns out well and u get to hold ur baby soon..