Pregnancy: Jan 2010 Babies Community
Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2010.

Pain

Hi ladies,
My question is I am 31weeks and the baby is in postion, and I am starting to feel alot more pressure and sharp pains (needle like down there) and its hurts if I stand or sit for awhile.. does any one felt that before or know what it could be.. my doctor not in so I cant call him.

I get that alot I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and I went to the doc yesterday and asked about it and they said it was combo of my hips spreading and the way the baby is laying.
I'm 32 weeks now with #3 and I'm getting that also.  The BH contractions are very strong and almost feel like the real thing.  Walking around is fine for me, sitting isn't too bad, but lying down to sleep iskilling me - I've taken to sleeping with heaps of pillows behing my back and under my knees so I'm almost sitting up and that eases the pelvic pressure a bit.  My Ob also said it is my pelvis and hip cartelidge softening and stretching to make way for baby to come through.  He's suggesting I expect a larger baby than my other 2 (they were both 7pound)  He's thinking closer to the 8 this time.  All the best!!
I had that quite a bit with DS for a few weeks before he arrived (he was late and I was induced).  I recall it really taking my breath away...and I was sure my water was going to break from all of the pressure!  I haven't felt anything like that yet even though, according to my OB, the baby is now head down....but then again, I'm only 30 weeks....
My baby is head down too. Im 31 weeks. Sometimes If I walk too long (too long now a days is more that 5-10 min) there is so much pressure I cant walk any longer, I feel like I have to hold my belly up while I walk. I cant tell if Im having BH yet, but there are times where my uterus feels tight, then again she likes to poke her butt out really far and stretch my belly to make it look really akward so I cant tell if its her getting comfy as usual or BH
im 28 weeks and my baby has been sitting really low for weeks now.  i sit at a desk all day every day and it hurts.  i have pain in my pelvis area, back.  theres so much pressure it feels like my legs and hips are being crushed.  the past week its been painful to stand up and walk around for a few min.  
hes so low i feel like im sitting on his head.  not something i want to think about when im trying to work.  i have a doctors appointment in a few days and im hoping i wont be put on bed rest or have to work from home.  but the pain is getting worse and worse by the day.
anyone else have the same problem around 28 weeks?