Flu shot
Are any of you getting the flu shot this year? I know that doctors recommend it, but I have read horrible things associated with getting it also.
I got the swine/seasonal flu shot months ago as winter was coming up when I fell pregnant... wasn't sure about getting it done but glad I did now. It would be much worse to get the swine flu when pregnant. It's not a live vaccine either so that eased my mind. I did lots of research and spoke to lots of doctors so felt good about getting it done while pregnant.
ive been seriously thinking about getting it because i usually get really sick in the winter and i have a really bad cold right now and i really want to avoid getting really sick in my third trimester lol. I just planned on talking to my OB about it at my next appt.
I know I'll get the regular flu shot and probably the swine flu shot too. The flu can be dangerous in pregnancy. I too plan to talk to my OB next visit. I remember several deaths last year from the swine flu!
I got the swine flu shot last winter, so I'm good now for that one.  I've never had a regular flu shot but may get it after I deliver if it can be done...not sure if you can when breastfeeding.   I have discussed with my DH about him getting the swine flu shot but he refuses, he wasn't so pleased with me when I got our sons vaccinated either...so I've told him if he gets sick not to be upset with me when I don't allow him in the house, lol.
i plan on talking to the dr on my next check up and see if i should..i hate to because i dont like shots but if it is something that can help my baby then yes i will do it..i just hope it is safe
I talked to my doc yesterday. He said I definitely should get it but not til my next appt at the end of October. I know it's good for me and the baby to have the protection but I worry about the stories I read online about miscarriages and preterm labor after getting it.
I'm really on the fence.  I guess I'm going to wait and see what my dr says.  I've never got the flu shot in the past . . .
I moved to Iowa from California 7 years ago. My whole family got the flu shot that first winter and every one of us got the flu, including my 3 month old daughter.  We have never gotten the shot again and not one person has gotten the flu again.  I will not be getting it this year either.
I am not getting the flu shot, and I also have never had one.  My logic is that I've never had the flu, so obviously my body must be good at fighting it, so why get the vaccine?  One of my doctors "recommended" it, because he said he had to and that it is recommended for all pregnant women during the flu season, but the way he said it kind of implied that he was not in total support of it either.  We told him that I would not be getting it, and he seemed completely fine with that.
I work in the health care field - work with sick people every day - am exposed to the flu, pneumonia, meningitis, etc.

Am starting to get paranoid since I don't want anything to happen to my baby.

Every year I pass on the flu shot, although last year I did get the H1N1 vaccine (had been pregnant with twins and saw tons of people per day with the swine flu).  No adverse reaction to the vaccine.  Unfortunately miscarried the twins.

Will likely get the flu shot this year since I'm in such a high risk group.

I got the flu shot today. It was my first time getting a flu shot. Usually, I don't like taking anything, not even any tylenol. I spoke to my doctor and felt comfortable taking it. I heard the flu can be very scary when you're pregnant.