Pregnancy: Jan 2011 Babies Community
Wanted to introduce myself

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2011.

Wanted to introduce myself

6101177?1283523672
Hi ladies, Congrats to everyone on their pregnancy!! I am 3 days short of being 18 weeks along and am due January 9th. My original due date was February 9th but we found out we are having twins and they want to do a scheduled c-section at 36 weeks. I am so excited to meet my little peanuts, especially after having such a hard time getting pregnant and then having 2 prior m/c. We feel so very grateful right now. We will be finding out the gender at our next appt on Wednesday September 8th. I am thinking that we are having B/G twins but DF is thinking (or more hoping) it will be 2 little boys. I have attached the picture and was wondering if for fun anyone would like to guess what we are having :)

I crave not just salty and sweets but everything! My skin has been very clear so far in pregnancy. No fetal movement yet that I can tell. Heartbeats are both consistant right around 150 bpm. This is my first pregnancy (techinically) so I am not sure if I am carrying high or low.
Welcome to january 2011 babies!! and congrats on your twins, how exciting! I have twin brothers that were born when i was 12 and they were really fun, alot of work but fun none the less.

And it looks like your carrying more in the middle, at 18 weeks its hard to tell since your uterus only comes to about your navel at that point. I'm 21 almost 22 weeks pregnant with a little girl and mine looked about the same yours did at 18 weeks but with twins who knows haha.

If you go by old wives tales, boys usually inhance your beauty, aka clear skin, nice hair etc and girls steal your beauty, acne and so on. It was right for me, my skin has been horrible ever since i got pregnant and i'm having a girl. Do you know if your having gaternal or identical twins?  your due a day before me, i wonder if our little ones will decide to be closer to christmas lol

Congrats again and welcome!
i meant faternal LOL
Congrats on your twins! I think you are the first set of twins for January. Were they conceived naturally or IVF or something? I secretly have always hoped for twins! It is hard to tell from your belly so who knows what they are? Can't wait to hear!
hey when did u find out you was having twins? 12 weeks scan or 20? x
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! We are having fraternal twins so they will look similar but not identical. They each have their own sac and placenta. We did conceive them naturally but I was taking Clomid while ttc to regulate my cycles and that's said to increase your twin chances by 3%. I guess we just got lucky! We found out about the two at our 7 week scan. I was nervous about vanishing twin because of our past losses but they are both hanging in there and seem very healthy. I also have always thought it would be cool to have twins - but when I found out we actually were I was scared out of my mind! I'm much better now and have calmed my nerves a lot but im still nervous taking care of two at one time. It should be fun though! Let me know if you ladies have any questions or advice :)
Yay!! Our due dates are only one day apart! Welcome to the Jan forum. You look amazing by the way x
Welcome to January Babies!!  Yep, I think you may be our first mama with twins :)  I too understand the troubles of TTC.  We finally got here by Femara with IUI.  I really wanted twins so I would never have to TTC again, but just a little singleton girl in there - LOL

So far January is turning into a very pink month.  I think we only have maybe one or two boys of all of us who are finding out.  Good luck on the b/g mix.  That would be so much fun!!
I know, im seeing pink pop up everywhere lately. It is definitely a month for the girls! DF is terrified to have girls. He's a guys guy and says he wouldnt know what to do with girls. I think he would be fine and if we have girls or a girl and it actually might soften him up a bit :)  I know that he will be happy regardless. I will keep you ladies updated of what we are having when we find out on Wednesday, I cant wait!!
Conratulations!!! Twins how exciting, all the best to you during the remainder of your pregnancy!
We just found out today that we are having two girls!!! How exciting!!! I cannot wait to meet them.
LOL - MORE GIRLS!!!  That's so exciting.  Congrats!!!!  My DH is a man's man too and I thought he would faint at our u/s when we found out we were having a girl.  But now that he's had some time to adjust he's just as excited.  You're DF will adjust too.
Wow its a pink month for january lol! Congrats on your little girls!!! how exciting!
Wow two girls, that is so awesome! Congrats! Hubby better go do manly stuff now cause he's in for it :)
Haha I know, I cant believe that there are so many people pregnant with GIRLS! DF was hoping for atleast one boy but he is taking the news very well. He even called his friend and said "I bet my daughters will shoot a deer before your son does" haha I told him that maybe he will get lucky and atleast one will be a little tomboy. Regardless I know they will both me little daddy's girls :)
congrats on the twins girls i myself is also having a girl my very first one after 3 boys im so happy goodluck