Pregnancy: Jan 2012 Babies Community
Ligament stretch and groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2012.

Ligament stretch and groin pain

I am 20 wks pregnant with twins.This is my first pregnancy through IVF..I have been having continuous stretch in my pelvic ligaments and pressure on my bladder and groin region.This Monday  I found that my cervix has gotten shorter...it went from 3cm to 2.3 cm..dr put me on bed rest and progesterone suppositories...i am nervous and stressed out..just wanted to know if any one ever had similar pain or situation.....
hey there....i am actually preg with twins too and have had a lot of stretching and ligament pain....i am 25 weeks preg today and last week at my ob visit my fundal height was 35 weeks so im about 11 weeks ahead...i look at my stomach and cant imagine it going past 40 weeks but im heading that way

as for the shortening of the cervix....my doc said that it is very common for twin preg to experience a shorter cervix early on.....20 weeks is too early though.....take your progesterone and stay on bedrest as your doc instructed

i am currently on an injection called 17p because i had my daughter last year at 32 weeks and suffered a 2nd trimester loss a couple years back....the shot is basically progesterone and my cervix was 3.3 which my high risk doc said is actually above avg for how far along i am so the injection is doing its thing

did your doc increase your visits? when is your actual due date? mine is 1/1/12 but i will most likely have these babies right around thanksgiving or early dec

best of luck to you, please stay in touch
Thank you for your reply.....now I see my doctor every two wks...He is high risk obg......My due date is 29 th Jan.....i am uncomfortable in all postures...on standing i feel lt of pelvic pressure.....can't sit and on lying my rib cage hurts...I am alone with no help...some time i just wanna cry...praying that i can hod up to Christmas.
i can say these pains do not get any better....i have baby A on my left side that likes to lay on sciatic nerve and baby B on the right side who likes to stretch into my ribcage that it hurts to lift my arm sometimes

it all depends on the position of these babies and what pain i have.....i had a ton of pelvic last week and now the past few days i have been ok....i just get off my feet right away and elevate my body....you can make it to christmas...

please feel free to msg me anytime....ill have the turkey day twins and you can have the santa twins :)