Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
A nice DIY project for postpartum relief!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

Log out

Forums Trackers Friends

Search

Forums > All Medical Support Communities > Pregnancy 18-24 > Discussion

A nice DIY project for postpartum relief! by alexandria18, less than a minute I don't know if any of you know of pinterest, im sure most of you do, but i found this DIY for mommies to be and I will be trying it out for myself! Wanted to pass it on to you Moms as well :) They are called "Padsicles".

All you need is maxi pads, aloe vera gel (not liquid concentrate), witch hazel, & lavender essential oil :)

1. Apply a liberal layer of aloe vera all over the pad. 2. Pour a teaspoon of witch hazel (make sure its alcohol-free), over the aloe vera. 3. Sprinkle a few drops of lavender oil. 4. Wrap each pad in tin foil & freeze for use in early postpartum days!

The witch hazel & aloe vera also have healing properties to aid with your healing as well! I thought this was certainly worth sharing with you ladies :)
Sorry i copied and pasted it from the 18-24 forum so i could share it here as well...lol hence the top part!