Advice please
Hello just hoping for a bit of advice please. I had my baby 6 weeks ago and since having him i stopped bleeding a few weeks ago. These past few days i have started having a bit of brown discharge and a light pinky blood but only when i wipe sorry for info. I also have had a few aches in my  lower tummy. Its starting to get on me as to what it is. Has anyone else experienced this or know he its normal?
I went through that and started to bleed heavily that's what in going through now I had my baby 6weeks ago also I had bad cramping pain I was in bed a few days n when the pain stopped I bled heavy.....sorry tmi
Hello, thank you for your reply. That can't be nice for you, have you had any medical advice as to why its happening?
It sounds to me like your period starting up again, the exact same thing happened to me and my doctor said it was my period, the first one can be really bad or really light, usually starts brown then turns pink or red.
Could this be the case even though Im fully breast feeding?
yup i'm fully breastfeeding too, my doctor confirmed mine was a period a few weeks ago
Oh right how interesting. I havnt really had any more brown discharge since the other day and it was only a little bit its more just slimy discharge sorry for info but don't know what it is it doesn't smell or anything X
The slimy mucusy thing us called lochia...that's what my Dr told me it was...n also mines was my period now...it was bright red.
yup agreed
Thank you to both for your help :-)
I'd like to start having some bleeding so I can start my contraceptive pill (was bfeeding) stopped about 2wks now as baby was too hungry.
I forgot with my other children how soon I got my period after stop bf guess it varies but how soon was it 4 any of you to have a PROPER period? hope mine comes in 2wks (one month altogether) & do u think I am "safe" (not 100%) as soon as I start taking pill or am I prone to get preg within the first week/two of taking them til it kicks in?
i had my first normal period already confirmed by my doctor, 6 days red flow and 15 days later ovulated (confirmed on opk). it varies. my doctor told me 2 weeks of back up protection while waiting for the pills to kick in