Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
Anyone taken baby on plane or considered? ADVICE pls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

We have booked to take baby over the Easter to visit family will be a 7hrs flight is there any suggestions on how to keep baby content during travel, how many pre-made bottles & if best to buy ready made/dispoable feeds?
My friend went to states from UK & made 10 bottles prior but said that was more than enough! She got a sky cot & said bring cotton for ears popping but I don't think that would work maybe better to feed during take off/landing.
I also wanted to take car seat & bring sling/carrier instead of stroller. I travelled over 10yrs ago with our 9mnth old he was fantastic! Obviously baby will be much younger (3mnths) & not everyone on a plane is considerate with a screaming baby lol
OK take it everyone too busy with their babies to comment on their experiences lol...guess I'll just use my common sense...looking 4wd to a lovely easter break HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE (when it comes)
I had a friend who's baby was older and said the airplane trip was a nightmare b/c her daughter cried most of the flight.  I hope it doesn't happen to u. Good luck and Happy Easter as well
I took my baby on a plane when he was 1 month..n my second soon I moved out of state when he was 2Weeks n he did fine
I would take bottled water and powder formula and feeding during flight should be fine. U may also consider using a little cereal so it may last the babe longer so less feedings. Just a suggestion some doesn't want to use cereal at that age. I do though cause my babe has serious spit up problems
Thanks for your comments, seems the younger baby is the better/easier it is to travel?
FRANCIS yours were very young!
CRST I prefer not to give cereal at 3mnths but understand what you mean (did u mean baby rice)?
Yeah I have to give it to my little one she is 3 months because the doc told me to because she spits up a lot. It is a personal preference to use it though. I only do because she spits up
Baby was brilliant I would recommend anyone deciding to travel do so at this stage.  He slept through most of it & the crew were fantastic (if needed bottle warmed) we took 8 bottles never used all but just in case delayed.
Everyone admired his behaviour but overall he is a good baby & sleeps through the night now :)