Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
Baby spit up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

Baby spit up

My lil girl is just a month old now, and she spits up constantly! (My first never spit up! And I mean NEVER!)
Anyway she doesn't like to poop, poops about every other day, and acts like shes constantly hungry, I've tried to start giving her 4 ounces instead of two but she never finishes a bottle. She's on Enfamil Newborn. Same thing my first was on. She wont stop spitting up all over me! She doesn't like to burb either! I go through hell to try and get her to burp. Should I change her formula?? I don't know I've never had a baby that spit up so much!
I would talk with her ped. about changing her formula if she's spitting up not burning and acting fussy. However the constantly eating and pooping every other day is normal. It's a growth spurt, my daughter went through one at 4 weeks and is going through another now, at 6 weeks. She eats literally every hour, sometimes less, and still acts starving (she's BF) She also poops every 2 days and when she does it's a blow out, haha. There is a formula for babies that spit up often, it's enfamil AR (for babies that spit up, it says it right on it haha) but I'd talk to her ped. first before you change her to it!
Well I wanna say that its normal, my baby is breastfed and she constantly spits up every feeding. My doctor said all normal. She is now 7 weeks but up until a couple weeks ago she spit up large amts if food and even projectile vomited almost every day. This passed and now its a lot better thankfully.
My daughter does it is reflux and I put rice cereal in her formula cause she didn't do we'll on spit up formula (it's the same as the formula ) so it's confusing but if it isn't making the baby loose weight then it isn't a worry both my kids did it. They didn't just spit up they threw up