breastfeeding question
Hi all!!! I'm am 38 weeks today and i am scheduled next week for a c section. Problem is, right after they deliver my baby, they are going to put me to sleep to remove my gall bladder which I've been having some serious issues with. My question to you guys is this.... How long after general anesthesia before i can breastfeed? Im getting mixed advice from everyone. The anesthesiologist says wait 12 hrs, lactation consultant says i can breastfeed as soon as I'm out of recovery and i feel up to it.
I would ask your doc or the pediatrician. Sorry I don't know.
I was put under with my previous c-section and was allowed to breastfeed immediately after in the recovery room, since it was 2 hours after she was born that I woke up, she was starving. I'm sure as long as you're doing well you'll be able to breastfeed right away!
Right after should be fine. Babies can go up to 24 hours before eating is what I was told at the hospital. Just make sure they don't give the baby a bottle or paci cause it may interfere with the latching process.