cloth diapers
I'm 31 weeks with twins & I'm considering cloth diapers for the first 4-6 months. I only want to use them in the house, outside I'll use regular diapers. All of my friends are telling me not to do it because its a lot of work, but I still want to try them out. Does anyone have experience with cloth diapers?
When I worked for the YMCA Childcare we had moms that would use them and that's what got me into them. They are actually a lot easier to me. If they poo you just drop the poo in the toilet and wash and pray they aren't sick lol. I wouldn't suggest using them if they have an upset tummy. But other than that I loved changing the child with the cloth diapers cuz it was so much easier and it helps reduce diaper rashes.
Would I have to invest in a washing machine or is it ok to wash by hand in a bucket of dreft detergent & water in the tub?
Its your choice, it's less common now but with twins its very cost efficient. You should try & see as you will be just using them inside. I agree with achewitt not recommended if have diahorrea & be careful with the pins! Lol.
I know in the past people would wash by hand in a bucket but I guess the machine will come in handy too :-)
Good luck!
Thanx. Yea I think I'll test them out for a few weeks to see how it goes. But I definitely won't use the ones with pins, I'll use the ones with the little snaps. I think they're called cloth diaper covers. I need to do more research lol
gdiapers.com is the web page I use.