Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
how has ur relationship changed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

how has ur relationship changed

How has ur relationship changed with ur spouse since u had ur baby. Good or bad and in what ways.
I think for me it's been both, we are way closer bringing a baby into the world together, but lack of sleep and a fussy newborn can get to ya, you know haha
Both, though I would say often the negatives are more negative than they were before.  My husband could get away with stuff when it was just the two us, for example acting like an irresponsible kid sometimes, since I'm pretty patient and it really didn't matter a lot.  I would tease him out of certain behaviors, or just wait for him to snap out of it.  (Again when it was just the two of us.)  But when you have a child in the mix, you do often count on your spouse to pitch in and especially to act like a grownup in relation to something with the kid.  If he doesn't step up and act like an adult, I am much madder at him for acting irresponsible because I was relying on his help.
I would say worse.  He still wants to go out just the 2 of us and I say no what about our daughter??? He seems like he's not interested in her b/c he's so quick to pass her off to someone in his family. I don't wanna her to b a football.  Overall I definitely feel different cuz I'm a mom now. And will do anything for her. I'm always trying to protect her un like her father
He is much more grown up snd wants to help whenever I need it. But I am way more annoyed with certain behaviors that he does than before baby.
He is more attentive enjoys pushing buggy for walks does breakfast in bed...but now I've stopped bf'ding we tend to fuss about night feeds as he gets up early for work I tend to give in lol we are planning an evening out family member babysitting so we get a break. Although tiring wouldn't change a thing!
Peaches421 I have that same problem with my hubby but this is our second child. He does not ever won't to take the baby anywhere and I just don't understand why. He says she cries too much which she does cry a lot and he get irritated too easily and doesn't have patients with her like he did with our first