Pregnancy: Jan 2013 Babies Community
lonely and sad plz help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2013.

lonely and sad plz help

I had my baby on the 31 and I just get seem to get out of this slump that I'm in. My husband was so post to take the whole week off but he hasn't. He has gone to work everyday. While I stay ay home with the baby. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going through a depression or not. I'm very embarrassed about it for some reason. I miss my husband so bad I want him here with me instead if working. I no he is stressed out about his work. And i no that's the only reason why he isn't home with me and the baby. Is anyone else just super sad after they had there baby.
Plz help cause I don't no what to do
My husband stayed home the first week after I had the baby, when he went back to work I went into a bad depression for a few days. I was so sad and upset. It leveled out for me. A lot of it had to do with how overwhelmed I was, I was adjusting to two kids, a ton of appts, and my sons school, plus lack of sleep. I would give it a few more days and see if you come out of it at all, if you don't I would talk to your doctor. Sometimes it takes a while for your hormones to level out from the pregnancy, and lack of sleep and adjusting to a new baby is hard. If you don't start feeling better definitely talk to your doctor, depression after having a child is very common and nothing to be embarrassed about, you'll get the treatment you need (if you need it) and it will all pass. Good luck hun, and congratulations!
Talk to your doctor, sweetheart.  Even if he or she doesn't think it's post-partum depression, it will do you a load of good to talk about it.  But it does sound like ppd, don't be embarrassed!!!!!!! it's hormonal and not a character failing.