Breastfeeding LOW MILK SUPPLY
Any new moms having problems with breastfeeding? My daughter is 2 weeks old and my milk supply is still low when I pump it's only 1oz from both breast sometimes less so I had to put her on formula which breaks my heart because I wanted to exclusively breastfeed for 3 months and then do both when I go back to work but I had no choice. I've been drinking mothers milk tea, eating green papaya, drinking lots of water and I tried breastfeeding her every 2 hours and pump after but still pumping an ounce on top of that my nipples are sore, cracked and bleed I'm losing hope is there anything else I can do to increase my milk supply?
It also helps to eat something atleast every 2 hours during the day and if/ when baby gets up to eat at night you need extra calories and fat to produce milk. Also dried cracked sore nipples is normal it gets better over time you can buy lanolin at any store they have breastfeeding supplies. It's an ointment that is totally safe for baby.
I've been using coconut oil on my nipples and I tried to eat as much as I can too I heard some moms  just don't have milk I'm hoping I don't fall into that category :(
This happened to me for my first 2 weeks. After my baby would feed, I'd have to give him formula. Between being tired, stressed, and honestly not hungry, I opted to switch to formula only. My baby is doing fine and stress is gone.
@ToryBaybee I'm on the verge of doing only formula too but my mom wants me to keep on trying but it's so hard because she doesn't sleeps at night and sleep all day so I have to wake her up every 2 hours to breastfeed and formula feeding. I wanna give up but I'll keep on trying for a month and see if I'll progress.
If after 2 weeks your nipples are stilled cracked and hurting then the baby is not latching on correctly.  That can do alot for your supply.