Being checked at doctors office...just for fun!!
Hi July Mommies..............our month is almost here:)  I was just curious, have you started being checked yet at your doctors appointments, what week were you in, and what changes did they find?

I have not been checked yet, but have an appt. next week and I will then be 35 weeks.......I hope there are signs of thinning or something!
checked at 36 and 37 weeks both times 2cm dialatied 60%effaced, will be 38 weeks this Monday
I have not been checked yet I go to the Dr Wednesday and I will be 37wks I hope they will check me then.
I am 37 weeks now.  Last week I was checked by the nurse practitioner and she said I was 60% effaced and a 'soft 1' cm dialated.  This week I was checked by my dr.  He said the baby is very low in my pelvis, my cervix is thin, and haven't really started dialating...  I can say that I've been loosing my mucus plug all week - it's crazy the amount of goo that's coming out of me!
I was checked at 34w5d with no changes yet!  My doc said he could feel the babies head though so he is getting ready:)
I haven't been checked once yet im 36wks5days so hopefully on my appointment on monday i will be checked im so ready for this it seems my heartburn has increased a great deal and i get no more sleep..im so exhausted!
Good luck at your docs appointment............let us know what happened:)  I know what you mean about no sleep--hang in there!
well ive had two appointments since i last posted a comment and still havent been checked once is this normal?? im already 38wks2days..the only thing that my doc has really done is the B Test.. im kinda getting anxious as to why i havent been checked yet??
I am 37 wks 5 days today.  Yesterday I was told that I am still at 1.5cm like last week and that my cervix is actually high up behind my pelvic bone.  She said I am starting to soften though.  The baby is measuring about a week ahead though, so she was asking me how big of babies I normally have...scary!  

To KRIS777...  I can tell you that my last doctor didn't check until you were 40 weeks or asked him before that.  He said it really doesn't mean a lot.  He said that you can be dilated for weeks and go past due or you can be not doing anything and then have your baby that night, so maybe it is just your doctor's preference.  Maybe you just need to ask!  I know that it is optional at my new doctor's, but I just have to know!
Ive had the B Test and that's it.  Im a little over 37 weeks.  My impression is that if you have any type of pressure or other symptoms, the doctor or nurse would examine me but otherwise, their letting the baby do her thing.  Like Lemenna said, if I go past my due date I'm sure my doctor will advise us what is in the best interest of the baby.
I guess some doctors don't check regularly at the end like Lemenna said.  The is my second pregnancy with the same doctor and I remember him my first time checking me every week starting at 37 weeks.  This time has been a little different, but I will be checked next Thursday and I will then be 38 weeks.  I guess every doctor is different......I know personally I want to know what the progress is:)

Good luck everyone and keep posting!!  We're all almost there!!!
ya thats why im a little upset i just wanted to know what the progress is while its happening but i guess my doc wants it to be a surprise we will see on monday when i go for my next appt if he checks me ill let you all know! good luck everyone!!
Yeah, let us know:)  I bet all of us July mommies are just getting really anxious.......I know I am!!!!
okay so i went to the doc i didnt get checked once again but i did have high blood pressure so doc wants me to go back in 3 days just to check n make sure nothin is wrong.. i really hope it is ive been having alot of crampiness and im having discharge that is a pinkish brown color really weird is this normal?? i told my doc all he had to say was the labor process is underway!! yay to that i really cant wait!! good luck all hope your babies are coming soon i know im getting excited to hold my daughter.. all these pains are so worth the wait but right now i wish the wait was over!!
I am 38 weeks today and had my doctor visit this morning................he checked me and I am only dilated to a 1 and my cervix has barely thinned any!  I was hoping for more progress than that, but I guess the baby is comfy where he is for now.  Good luck everyone!!!!!

1st_time_mommy--it sounds like you're almost there:)  Yay!
yay im so excited but im in so much pain now i actually slept thru the whole night weird but i loved it!! lol im getting so excited so does anyone have any clue as to how far away labor is for me?? i have alot of BH and ive been having the pinkish brown discharge since the 15th.. now its getting heavier and i have blood clots i called the doc he said its normal but if i start bleeding like im having a period to go to the hospital..
i'm 41 weeks and 2 days over due :( . had Dr checkup last wednesday and i her again on tuesday and if i wont deliver then, then i'm going in hospital and finally see my baby - cant wait to hold him in my arms :)
Wow--I couldn't imagine being overdue............I feel for you!!!!!  Please keep us posted--I hope he comes soon for your sake:)
Hey......it sounds like you might be really close now:)  I actually started having the same pinkish brown discharge too--mine started yesterday the 18th along with stronger and more frequent BH.  My discharge so far hasn't gotten any heavier like yours, but maybe it will in the next few days.  It's getting exciting!!!!!  Have a great night:)
YAY i cant wait any longer well at least it feels that way.. and ya i really cant sleep anymore because the pains are so intense the BH make my legs go numb is that normal?? and congrats on the discharge lol. maybe are babies will be born close together  well good luck ill let you know about my doc appt tomorrow he's FINALLY gonna check me!