Introducing a new Community Leader

Please join me in welcoming rukiyar as the new Community Leader for the July 08 Babies Community. As everyone knows, these are very new communities and we're excited by how well many of the months are doing. We look forward to working with rukiyar and the community to continue improving and growing this community.

MedHelp
this may sound a bit strange but why are u choosing leaders for the forums and wat are these leaders suppose to do am curious thanks
I guess we just act as a liasion for the members and look out for trolls who come in just to abuse the site, my leadership will be short lived however as July fast approaches LOL , I guess it's nice just to see a familiar face around the forum to help answer questions.

Sorry about that. We'd been posting an intro text across forums like Pregnancy and thought the word was out already. Here's what we've been posting:

We're very pleased to announce the launch of our new Community Leader program. As MedHelp has grown in both number of members and the number of communities we have, the needs of these communities has also grown. Our Pregnancy communities would like to see different features than our Ovarian Cancer community. Out of this need, we came up with the Community Leader program.

A Community Leader will be a MedHelp member who will act like an ambassador to MedHelp, helping to communicate the feedback from the community as well as help us communicate back to the community from MedHelp. When we launch new features, like the Notes feature today, they will be able to help out with any questions. In addition to helping MedHelp, they will also be working with their community to help it grow, by welcoming new members, bringing up suggestions, etc. As always, anyone is still welcome to contact MedHelp directly. We love hearing from our members and it's a big part of what has made the site what it is today.

One thing to note, Community Leaders, will not be replacing the MedHelp moderators currently monitoring the site, however, the Leaders will be able to help if there is an issue and work with our moderators to address it. The Leaders are not working for MedHelp, they are still members, but ones that have taken on some added responsibility.