Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
8 weeks and symptoms gone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

8 weeks and symptoms gone?

Im worried bc today is the start of my 8th week and I have noticed that starting yesterday, I dont have sore bbs anymore, no dizziness, or the bad attitude. The only thing I am feeling now is nausea in the morning, and since yesterday and today, it has lasted pretty much all day. I've been cramping as if Im going to start my period, and I have caught myself think im going to several times in the past few days. I'm worried bc I had horrible symptoms and they all seem to have gone away in these past few days, aside from the nausea and cramps. Am I about to miscarry? Or is it just bc Im getting further in my pregnancy that the bad days are kind of slowing down? I would rather feel bad non-stop than feel better and start to wonder if everything is ok. Is anyone in the same situation? I need reassurance and I hope I dont start my period bc thats really the way I feel!
I know I am not an expert because it is my first baby and Im only 9.5 weeks, but let me tell you something: first, don't EVER think you will m/c!!! That's negative and bad for your baby!! Also, I was like you, LOST my symptoms, my bbs are not growing or sore for the last 2 weeks, I have only episods of nausia and tiredness and that's it....nothing else..and so I was worried as hell...WELL, when I went in for my 9 week appt, I saw my baby beating strong heart and waiving at me!!!! SOOOO, my conclusion, to hell with all your symptoms!!!! The baby inside of you is growing and need your support, and not your worries! I read (and believe me , EXTENSIVE research!) that symptoms come and go , and that's normal....your bbs might not be sore anymore until you give birth, or they might appear again...you have nausia, that's more imprtant..and even your nausia will go away soon....the lack of symptoms ONLY mean that your body copes with your hormons and thats all :)
I have cramping here and there, it could mean million of things, I have a cyst and a small hematoma, so it could be from that. Also, your baby is growing so you wil lget cramps from streaching in your uterus!
Therefore Karen, take a deep breath and relax!!! Enjoy and talk to your little one :)
sing to him!!!
You are fine, believe me, I am the same way, no symptoms but try to stay happy knowing that my baby only needs positive energy!
Take care!!
Anya.
Hey I saw your posts before about being worried that you should have a u/s sooner than what they want you to. You had a m/c before right. I have also and my dr doesn't want to see me for another 4 weeks he is a friend more than dr and he told me at this point he has tracked my hcg levels and saw the heartbeat there is nothing he can do at this point. I think you are worrying yourself into a state of mind. RELAX. If you start to bleed with cramping following then worry until then you need to try to just go day by day. Have you thought about talking to someone I thought about it but now I'm alot happier since seeing the baby yesterday. I know it's easier said than done but at least try. Let me know if you need to talk. I think if you are really concerned go talk to your dr but it sounds more like nerves than anything. Sometimes when you are pg your hormones plateau you are almost out of your 1st trimester so that maybe part of it. I will ttyl...
I don't think you need to worry, symptoms come and go and your body may just be getting used to the hormone change. Who knows, maybe you are almost done with the morning sickness portion of pregnancy. I wish I was!!!
I am 10 weeks today.  About a week and 1/2 ago, I went 4 days without any heaving, gagging and my energy was normal.  I was starting to panic.  After 4 days, all my symptoms returned.  I had an u/s at 9 weeks 4 days and everything was fine.  Measured the right size, heart beat of 176 and kicking and waving.  I am so in tune with my symptoms that any change catches my attention.  We're doing fine... Happy thoughts
I am 8 weeks tomorrow and am already noticing earlier symptoms subsiding. Saw my tiny 1cm baby on wednesday last week via a scan, (post IVF) and heart was beating like crazy so hopefully this is a normal part of pregnancy or maybe we just get used to what was previously 'new' sensations?? Am sure everything will be just great and that it is just things are starting to settle down or plateau.

If anyone has suffered a cold in their first trimestre I would appreciate any advice. Since yesterday I started coming down with a cold, (sore throat, going hot and cold and headache), today my skin keep going hot and prickly too. Not taking anything but would apprecite any advice.
Wilkitea,
               I know you can take benadryll and take cough drops. I would check with your dr but I have taken that and my kids were fine. I hope you feel better soon! I agree we are all getting ready for our 2nd trimester our hormones start to level out along with our side effects! Best of luck to you!

AP
Thank you kindly AP - I will give the GP a call in the morning. Best Wishes to you too.
I have a cold right now.. started off with a sore throat and turned into stuffy head... I took sudefed the first two nights so I could sleep and then decided to wait it out..its been about 5 days now and I am feeling a whole lot better.
I know you can take regular-strength Tylenol. Doesn't help much with the actual cold symptoms, but it helps with the aches and pains that go with being sick. Good luck!

Tricia
wilkitea,
                  No problem. What did your gp say? Do you have a obgyn I would probably check with them first!
Hugs,
AP

Just a note on the 1st thread of this conversation. Apart from recurring constipation my pregnancy symptoms from earlier really have dissappeared, no nausea, breasts ok now, no cramps, mood swings less.

On the cold front GP yesterday said it's flu (it's currently rampant through the northwest of the UK, just in time for Christmas!!) and bed rest is the only answer. He recommended checking temperature to ensure I don't get too hot, steaming for blocked nose, take pregnancy multi vitamins and drink lots of water but beyond that nothing. Said to go back if I start coughining badly. No obgyn as yet, they don't seem very interested until I reach the 12 week stage. Hope the baby is hanging on in there......

Thanks for the advice and good luck to all, and thinking of all you suffering with a cold too.