Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Heart Palpitations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Heart Palpitations

I normally have heart palpitations (and take meds to keep them under control), however, since I've been pregnant I have been having them more often - esp in the last few weeks.  My Dr. isn't too concerned bc he says that lots of women - who don't have them normally - have heart palpitations during pregnancy.  That it was mainly due to the increase blood volume you have while pregnant and that as long as I don't get dizzy or faint it shouldn't be a problem.  I was just wondering if any of you other moms to be have been having any heart palpitations or flutters?
I get heart palpatations EVERY time I am pregnant. No meds so far, but I HATE them. They drive me crazy. My doc isn't worried as long as my heart rate stays below 160. It normally stays around 145. Highest was 156. I do watch it a lot though. You aren't alone.
I HATE them as well!  Yuck!  I keep an eye on my heart rate as well and it stays pretty normal.  Thanks for sharing - it really does help when you know that there is someone out there who feels the same :-)  Even if it is yucky heart palps!
I get palpitations alot more now that I am pregnant but I am now also getting a heart rate that is too low!  My doctors are more concerned about the low then the highs. So I think as long as you are not passing out, or feeling super uncomfortable (I know they are always uncomfortable but you know what I mean LoL) then it should be okay.  I find when my heart is acting up alot if you curl your body up (I usually sit on my knees and bend over them in a ball) that it helps the palpitations stop.
With me I feel like I can't breath and am gasping for air. I HATE it!!!! Doctors I don't think are taking me seriously enough though.
I have noticed them a lot more now that I am pregnant. Like Darkestlight I feel like I am gasping for air as well.
Sometimes my heart pounds in my chest and I think I can feel it through my ribs...it feels as if it is pounding soooooo loud that my ears have a heartbeat while this is going on? I have never been told I have a heart palipation, so I'm not sure what this pounding is, but it has happened 2 times since this pregnancy!
I wouldn't worry if it's only happened twice. I experience them almost everyday multiple times a day.