Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
LAbor or BH?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

LAbor or BH?

Here are my contractions so far, this is how it has been for the past few nights for a couple hours and then they just stop. In between contractions I can feel Evan rolling around, not so much kicking just rolling. I really dont want to bug my dr this late (he told me not to worry if they aren't consistently 5 min apart) and the hospital I will be delivering at doesn't have a NICU so if I go into labor before June 14th I have to drive 45 min to a different hospital so needless to say I dont want to drive there for no reason.
Are these most likely BH since they aren't forming a good enough pattern? Would Evan still be moving if it was labor?

9:36 about 1 min
9:47 about 1 min 30 sec
9:54 about 1 min
9:58 about 2 min
10:00 about 1 min
10:03 about 2 min 30 sec really strong

I'm sure they will keep going for a while, I will update later.
10:07
10:10 both about 1 min
I am going to take a bath, the back pain is getting bad and making it hard to time and decide when one starts and when one ends.
They're almost 3 minutes apart though, most of them are 3-4 minutes apart. And your last statement is EXACTLY how I felt last night, and I was going into labor! I had such a dull backache that I couldn't time my contractions. My doctor told me that was back labor. I would definitely call at least!
Wow I don't know, but if it is I'm jealous of you, lol. Keep us posted!
Well they are staying about 4 minutes apart but the bath did help ease the pain. This is how it started with Noah except with him I had bloody show. I am going to wait it out through the night and see what happens tomorrow. If this labor is anything like my first I wont be having a baby anytime soon and I would rather be at home in my own bed for as long as possible. If they get really bad we will go to the hospital.
I had back labor with Noah so I know all about that. It makes me nervous if it is real labor since I dont know if he has turned yet.
I will keep you all posted.
Oh yeah he was breech, I hope he turned for you too if this is labor. What causes back labor? I heard it is worse then contractions in the front.
Tasia-Back labor is when the baby is coming out face up instead of face down. Their heads rub into your spine on the way out instead of their mushy faces so it causes lots o pain.

Well, the contractions slowed down a lot last night and I was able to sleep only waking up a few times. They started back up within 15 minutes of being awake and have gone back to every 4 minutes, I guess I dont get why they keep coming and going, it makes me think it is BH but why are they forming a pattern?
I tried calling my OB last night but he doesn't have an on call nurse, I would have had to page him and I didn't want to do that at 11pm.
I wont feel bad calling during the day so if they continue for an hour or so I will call. Joe and I BD'd last night and I still didn't have any bloody show so I'm not sure if that helped move things along or not. I dont necessarily want to be in labor yet but obviously if it happens it happens.
How are you doing now?  They still going?

Remember that a contraction is a contraction is a contraction.  They're all contractions.  It's just that some are stronger than others, some are earlier than others, some are more productive than others.  If your baby and your body aren't ready to go, then they call them BH.  If you're ready to go, those same contractions are labor contractions.  It can "change" at any time, and the BH ones are working even if they don't seem to be accomplishing much.  So anytime there is increasing pain or discomfort, or anytime they are coming in a pattern, you should call your doc.  Even the "stop and go", random contractions are what starts pulling at your cervix and preparing it.
Wow, that doesn't sound like anything I want to experience so I hope my little guy stays turned the way he is supposed to be.
How are the contractions? Have you called your doctor yet?
I finally sucked it up and called the dr. I talked to the nurse and she said he wants me to come in and get checked out, his main concern is the fact that the baby is breech and I am only 35 weeks. I am going at 1 so I will check back in when I get home. I feel pains and stretching in my cervix so I wonder if it has changed at all.
Good Luck sweetie!
I'm back and Thank GOD not in labor, my dr said it is still too early for him to be born. He said my contractions are not very strong and that I should just try and rest as much as humanly possible with a 2 year old running around. My cervix is still only 1cm. Hopefully they will stop soon, even though they aren't strong they still are pretty uncomfortable.
He also said any meds to try and stop them would be pretty much useless so the only way to stop them at this point is rest. The baby is still breech.
I go back next week and if he is breech still my dr wants to schedual the version for the week after that when I am 37 weeks (I havent decided on that one yet) and that he will probably go ahead and induce me right then as well to insure that the baby doesn't flip back to breech. Sooooo we might have a baby in TWO weeks.
Yay! I am glad for you that it isn't labor especially with him being breech and still a bit early. Also YAY for maybe baby in 2 weeks, You really are lucky girl!
yay!!!
Thanks for being so concerned girls, it means a lot to me since DF thinks I am overreacting.....men. I am still contracting a lot, I better go lay down while Noah takes his nap.
Yeah get as much rest as you possibly can right now!
Well rest is not an option today, Noah is getting into literally EVERYTHING! Joe is at work until midnight so I am having my sister come get me, she can help me with Noah. The contractions are still coming but they feel the same, no stronger.
Did you go to the hospital? Are you ok? What did the dr say?
No I didn't go to the hospital, just to the doctors office. He said as long as there is no change (stronger, closer together, blood) that all I can do at this point is rest but to page him if anything does change. The contractions are a lot less today, only a couple times an hour so not bad at all, I'm trying to rest as much as possible.